+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can somebody shed light on Luggage contents allowed?

monish88

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
Hi! Is there any weblink where there is clarity about luggage contents?
1.Some say that snacks items like chiwda, laddoo and all are not allowed in Cabin ( Carry On Baggage) & some say its ok to bring it on (where as some say its allowed in 23kg Luggage). Whats the Truth for Canada?? Because for countries like New Zealand, Food items are completely banned.
2. No liquid above 150ml content. This is for Cabin baggage or for 23 kg Luggage?
3. Since we all know, apart from 23kg BAggage, Cabin bag upto 7kgs is allowed & also a Laptop bag. Now, is it mandatory to carry a Laptop IF YOU ARE CARRYING a Laptop bag or can you fill it with clothes and stuff?

Thank you !

aparna.bhardwaj

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-06-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2014
monish88 said:
Hi! Is there any weblink where there is clarity about luggage contents?
1.Some say that snacks items like chiwda, laddoo and all are not allowed in Cabin ( Carry On Baggage) & some say its ok to bring it on (where as some say its allowed in 23kg Luggage). Whats the Truth for Canada?? Because for countries like New Zealand, Food items are completely banned.
2. No liquid above 150ml content. This is for Cabin baggage or for 23 kg Luggage?
3. Since we all know, apart from 23kg BAggage, Cabin bag upto 7kgs is allowed & also a Laptop bag. Now, is it mandatory to carry a Laptop IF YOU ARE CARRYING a Laptop bag or can you fill it with clothes and stuff?

Thank you !
Hey :D
I have very general yet maybe useful answers.
1. Food items are allowed in cabin baggage as well as check-in luggage. The type allowed in cabin luggage depends on how liquidy is the food. In check-in , bindaas carry ladoos n chiwdaas. I can not say about pickles .
2. Usually it's 100 ml allowed in cabin , which is the quantity imprinted on the container even though the bottle is half-full. Carry howmuchever u want in check-in luggage. What type of liquids are still restricted( in cabin/check-in), yet to find that.
3.If there's no lappy in the bag, then your bag sans the laptop would be counted as the only 7 kg allowed cabin baggage. If you have a laptop then you can carry an additional 7 kg cabin baggage over n above this. Girls get to carry a hand bag in addition to the lappy bag n cabin bag . You might want to try that :p

Source of above info: Lufthansa Airlines.
Although Airlines will give the most accurate info, if anyone else experienced something different than the abovementioned things, correct me.

monish88

Star Member
Jul 16, 2014
Hey!! Thank you!
But 3rd point could you elaborate? didnt understand. I am not going to carry laptop. So only 7kgs Cabin Bag allowed? and Laptop bag - cant fill with other stuff?

inder2800

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-14
Med's Request
pre medical
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-14
monish88 said:
Hey!! Thank you!
But 3rd point could you elaborate? didnt understand. I am not going to carry laptop. So only 7kgs Cabin Bag allowed? and Laptop bag - cant fill with other stuff?
You can no worries ..i had everything in that laptop bag except laptop lol

P.S - My flight was Jet Airways though.. u can confirm with your airlines as well..jet told me no it is not allowed ..but at the airport no one even questioned about it

aparna.bhardwaj

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-06-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2014
inder2800 said:
You can no worries ..i had everything in that laptop bag except laptop lol

P.S - My flight was Jet Airways though.. u can confirm with your airlines as well..jet told me no it is not allowed ..but at the airport no one even questioned about it
Hi,
Ok..so Lufthansa says the same too. I hope they allow me also sans the laptop because I have already bought a laptop from Canada and not buying it here(the price there was quite a steal!!).
@ Monish, let me know if your laptop bag is screened!!

inder2800

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-14
Med's Request
pre medical
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-14
aparna.bhardwaj said:
Hi,
Ok..so Lufthansa says the same too. I hope they allow me also sans the laptop because I have already bought a laptop from Canada and not buying it here(the price there was quite a steal!!).
@ Monish, let me know if your laptop bag is screened!!
take it ..no issues should arise ..as they dont even check whether u have a laptop or not ..but it depends ..in Brussels i was asked that if i have a laptop i need to take it out and put it under the scanner at the security check or else m good..they even asked me to take out my dslr out of the bag and put it under the scanner at the security check..different countries have diff rules

spidermark

Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
Hello guys,

I will be leaving next week.

Sorry im confused. If 150 ml is allowed on the handcarry,
Is there a liquid limit on the 2 luggages 23kilos each as well?

Thanks

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
spidermark said:
Hello guys,

Thanks
only carry on luggage has restriction u can have liquid in checked in luggage as long as its not some liquid which is restricted. normal liquids like shampoo , after shave , ketchup are ok in check in luggage.

spidermark

Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
Thank u mead :) much appreciated

denmanveer

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Jalandhar, Punjab
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
IELTS Request
01-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2016
LANDED..........
Soon
spidermark said:
Hello guys,

Thanks
No 150 ml is not allowed in hand baggage, only liquid of 100 ml printed on the bottle will be allowed.