+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can refugee claimant move to other province

Bhumika2018

Dec 4, 2019
Hello everyone, I filed my refugee claimant in July 2020 and had eligibility interview in February 2021. I am still not getting my welfare

DamnYouDaria

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Yukon
Category........
Other
Right now I am not getting any welfare as my eligibility interview is in March. I get to know from another person that you give the address of here only and receive welfare and you can work on cash.and come back on your hearing.
Look. Let me say unequivocally that you should not do this.

I know how hard it is to be here without a work permit or any social assistance. When I claimed back in November 2019, I had to live in a homeless shelter while I waited for my work permit to be processed (I arrived in Calgary, Alberta and have lived here since that time). If you lie to the government, they will crush you. You are not as clever as you think, you will be found out and the consequences will be dire. You think proving your claim is hard now? Wait until they know you've been accused of/charged with fraud! Good luck proving credibility at that point, which is one of the points of any refugee claim.

If you feel so inclined to commit crimes, wait until you have citizenship and are less deportable.