+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can+ program for indians

punj+aab

Feb 1, 2015
hi everyone

can+ program introduced by Canadian gov. in July 2014 for those visitors who once in last ten years has traveled to Canada or u.s.Main advantages are -

1. high success rate
2.less paper work (no need of financial proofs)
3.10 years multiple visa
4.visa approve in 5 working days

does anyone know more about this program and how this works ?

anyone who took advantage of this program.....plz share ur ideas and experience

stay blessed

thanx

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@punj+aab

can+ program introduced by Canadian gov. in July 2014 for those visitors who once in last ten years has traveled to Canada or u.s.Main advantages are -
Correction 1:
The CAN+ program is available to Indian and Mexican citizens..... and not to all visitors who have traveled to Canada or the States in the last 10 years.

The key criteria is the TRV applicant must be able to show US/Canada entry/exit passport stamps for CAN+.

Correction 2:
Processing time may/may not be 5 days.... even if someone has visited Canada/US in the last 10 years, the decision whether or not a TRV application will be processed under the CAN+ program is taken by the visa office.

Also, there are no guarantees that someone who has traveled earlier to the US/Canada will get a TRV approval under the CAN+ program. We have seen refusals as well.

You're right: CAN+ allows for faster decisions and fewer documents to be submitted (if applications meet the criteria)

Cheers :)

punj+aab

Feb 1, 2015
...thanx buddy

im having b1b2 10 years visa of u.s.a . now i have plan to apply for multiple entry visa for Canada have already traveled to u.s this year and i want to take advantage of can+ program.

but im bit confused about VAC. where i should apply cz i living in Mozambique and nearest visa center is protoria (south africa).im not sure if they will consider my case under can+ or not.

should i go to india for this?

APSRTC

Aug 17, 2015
punj+aab said:
...thanx buddy

im having b1b2 10 years visa of u.s.a . now i have plan to apply for multiple entry visa for Canada have already traveled to u.s this year and i want to take advantage of can+ program.

but im bit confused about VAC. where i should apply cz i living in Mozambique and nearest visa center is protoria (south africa).im not sure if they will consider my case under can+ or not.

Canadian Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander announced the launch of the CAN+ program in India yesterday during a visit to New Delhi. The program aims to increase processing efficiency for visitors coming to Canada from India.

CAN+ is open to Indian nationals who have visited Canada or the United States within the last 10 years. These visitors will receive accelerated processing, allowing for Visa officers to focus on other cases. This will result in more efficient overall processing times for Indian travellers.

Minister Alexander announced the launch of the program during an event which included representatives from India’s tourism, education and business sectors. He highlighted a number of government initiatives aimed to improve travel and trade from Canada to India. Among these programs are three visa “Express” programs for Indian businesspeople, tourists, and students, and 10 Visa Application Centres (VACs). He also announced a standardized multiple-entry visa at a reduced fee of CAD $100.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
punj+aab said:
.but im bit confused about VAC. where i should apply cz i living in Mozambique and nearest visa center is protoria (south africa).im not sure if they will consider my case under can+ or not.

Hi,

You can enquire with the Pretoria VAC if they will accept your TRV application under the CAN+ program as you hold an Indian passport..... if you are traveling/visiting India then the VAC staff will accept your visa application under CAN+.

The visa application form is the same as the TRV application.

You can also apply online (if you prefer) mentioning that you are applying under CAN+.... do scan the entry/exit stamps for the US as part of your visa application..... because for an online submission, you must send your passport only later when you get a passport request from the visa office.

Regardless of applying under CAN+, you must show strong ties to your country of residence/home country.

All the best :)

punj+aab

Feb 1, 2015
Bryanna said:
Hi,

You can enquire with the Pretoria VAC if they will accept your TRV application under the CAN+ program as you hold an Indian passport..... if you are traveling/visiting India then the VAC staff will accept your visa application under CAN+.

The visa application form is the same as the TRV application.

You can also apply online (if you prefer) mentioning that you are applying under CAN+.... do scan the entry/exit stamps for the US as part of your visa application..... because for an online submission, you must send your passport only later when you get a passport request from the visa office.

Regardless of applying under CAN+, you must show strong ties to your country of residence/home country.

bro bryanna .....please give me solution

as i read many times u advised to dont show large deposit in bank account,i do have same problem.

after few days i m going to apply trv file.as a export manager in my company my salary is about 2000 Canadian dollar in my residence country.but there is large deposit and withdraw(10-15000 usd ) history in my bank account as sometime i do some sort of business as well.

what kind of negative effect it can caused and what i should do to .... ?

[/quote]

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
after few days i m going to apply trv file.as a export manager in my company my salary is about 2000 Canadian dollar in my residence country.but there is large deposit and withdraw(10-15000 usd ) history in my bank account as sometime i do some sort of business as well.
You must explain the source of every large transaction.... for example: if these are payments made by customers, or a loan/borrowings to run your business, etc.... and provide proofs to back your statements.

You can also mention that although XXXX amount is currently in your bank account, you have only XXX amount as the disposable fund for your visit because the balance excess amount is for carrying out your business transactions.

Also, do submit your business registration documents + prove that taxes are paid regularly on this business income/business transactions (ITRs).

One point:
Are you using your savings bank account for your business instead of a company bank account?

punj+aab

Feb 1, 2015
actually these amounts are belong to me company does not have any link.

i sometime do some sort of side business and i also can not give any registration number or any other proofs as well.

i have plan to show minimum 20.000 canadian in my account . i will buy return ticket and have invitation letter also .

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not being able to explain the source of this business income/large transactions will look like you have borrowed the money to show you have a good financial situation.

Are these cash deposits or cheque/bank transfers?

punj+aab

Feb 1, 2015
Bryanna said:
Not being able to explain the source of this business income/large transactions will look like you have borrowed the money to show you have a good financial situation.

Are these cash deposits or cheque/bank transfers?
most of transactions we made by cheque deposit or bank transfer.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
punj+aab said:
most of transactions we made by cheque deposit or bank transfer.
Do provide an explanation for these cheque/bank transfers..... otherwise the maths does not add up (your salary versus the high-value business transactions).

You can provide the contact details of customers (in case the visa office would like to verify that these are genuine transactions) + any other evidence (work contracts/purchase orders/customer emails) ..... you'll be fine

punj+aab

Feb 1, 2015
thanx@bryana

i am thinking to buy return ticket of U.S and write in cover letter that i will go canada by road for visiting Niagara falls etc with my canadian friend(invitee) for 5 days.

i just want to cover up the the cause of overstaying in Canada by doing this.

am i doing right ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

You can do this as you already have a B1/B2 visa.

If you book flight tickets, do buy refundable flight tickets/ones that allow for a date change.... so your trip itinerary would look like this:
Home country >> US >> Canada >> US >> Home Country

This will mean you must return to the US (from Canada) to take your flight back home.

You must prepare a day-by-day sightseeing itinerary..... an approx. one for the US and a detailed one for your Canada visit. If you're driving to the Niagara Falls (from the US) will you stay a day? If yes then do submit tentative hotel bookings which can be confirmed when the TRV is issued.

Unless you plan to spend your 5-day Canada visit in the Niagara region, your itinerary can include maybe Toronto/Mississauga, etc (as you wish) with accommodation provided by your host friend/tentative hotel bookings as the case may be.

I'd like to stress again: Please provide an explanation for the large bank deposits with some evidence to prove it is your business transactions. That's crucial

Cheers :)