+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can+ program for Bangladeshi citizen?

noor2017

Oct 19, 2017
Hi,

My parents are Bangladeshi citizen. They visited Canada back in 2012. When I checked visa application page at CIC page (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp?countrySelect=BD#applications) for Bangladeshi people, I have found a new instruction "Visa office instructions – Visit [IMM 5890]" published in November 2017. It has CAN+ program. Does that mean Bangladeshi people who visited Canada within last 10 years can apply under CAN+ program? How can I be sure that my parents are eligible for CAN+ program?
Anyone who has experience on this, please reply?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

My parents are Bangladeshi citizen. They visited Canada back in 2012. When I checked visa application page at CIC page (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp?countrySelect=BD#applications) for Bangladeshi people, I have found a new instruction "Visa office instructions – Visit [IMM 5890]" published in November 2017. It has CAN+ program. Does that mean Bangladeshi people who visited Canada within last 10 years can apply under CAN+ program? How can I be sure that my parents are eligible for CAN+ program?
Anyone who has experience on this, please reply?
Yes, the Visa Office instructions for Bangladesh applicants mentions about CAN+.

It would be best if you call the local VAC/VFS office in BD to reconfirm.

BTW CAN+ only helps in expedited processing with submission of fewer financial documents. It is advisable to prepare the application like a regular TRV one (strong ties + purpose of visit, etc)

Silvanatrade

Jul 31, 2018
Dear
I am Bangladeshi by birth. I had visited USA 2 times and still have valid USA visa
am i eligible for can+ Program?

A H Shafi

Oct 16, 2019
Dear
I am Bangladeshi by birth. I had visited USA 2 times and still have valid USA visa
am i eligible for can+ Program?
Hi, It's Shafi here. Can you please tell me that did you apply for Canada Visit Visa under CAN+ program? Actually, recently I along with my wife and kid have been approved US Visit Visa. Now I have been planning to get Canada Visit Visa. Your advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks

sunny1977

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
even if anybody qualify for can+, there is no surety..i am having US visa till 2019 with a stamp in 2017 for 10 days,,even then i was refused canada trv in sep2019

M_Bd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
21-04-2016
Med's Done....
24-04-2016
Interview........
Waived, Alhumdulillah
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2016
LANDED..........
16-09-2016
Unfortunately, only valid US visa is not enough for Can+ Program, need to be used at least once with proof of stamping on your passport in the last 10 years and should be still valid, Or, proof of Canada visit within last 10 years. So, if this is your first US visa and did not use yet then you are ineligible for Can+ Program. Regards

Reference : Click on the following link...

https://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/mexico-mexique/imm/pressrelease-communique-2014-05.aspx?lang=eng

Hi, It's Shafi here. Can you please tell me that did you apply for Canada Visit Visa under CAN+ program? Actually, recently I along with my wife and kid have been approved US Visit Visa. Now I have been planning to get Canada Visit Visa. Your advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

sunny1977

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
.i have US visa till 2019 with a stamp in 2017 for 10 days,,even then i was refused canada trv in sep2019.

M_Bd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
21-04-2016
Med's Done....
24-04-2016
Interview........
Waived, Alhumdulillah
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2016
LANDED..........
16-09-2016
I have seen that you have posted this message earlier, the gentleman Mr. A H Shafi has asked whether he is eligible for Can+ program or not and there is no relation between visa issuance and denial in this regard, CAN+ Program means expedite processing, it does not eliminate the need to provide documents/evidence that the applicant has strong ties and will return to their home country, the main cons in Can+ Program is that you don't have the opportunity to submit any documentation/evidence of strong ties or financial papers during your application submission but they could ask later, however, my question is, who told you that being a valid US visa holder Canadian authority bound to issue Canadian visa? There could be several factors for denial. Every case is unique and depend on its merit. Probably they found something legitimate ground to deny you application and I am sure they have explained it on your refusal letter. From my experience, for US visa interview, value of documents during interview is almost zero but Canadian visa mainly assessed on provided documents. Probably the circumstances had been changed between your US and Canadian visa application timeline and they had considered your present situation not the previous one. Regards

.i have US visa till 2019 with a stamp in 2017 for 10 days,,even then i was refused canada trv in sep2019.

Last edited:

sunny1977

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
I have seen that you have posted this message earlier, the gentleman Mr. A H Shafi has asked whether he is eligible for Can+ program or not and there is no relation between visa issuance and denial in this regard, CAN+ Program means expedite processing, it does not eliminate the need to provide documents/evidence that the applicant has strong ties and will return to their home country, the main cons in Can+ Program is that you don't have the opportunity to submit any documentation/evidence of strong ties or financial papers during your application submission but they could ask later, however, my question is, who told you that being a valid US visa holder Canadian authority bound to issue Canadian visa? There could be several factors for denial. Every case is unique and depend on its merit. Probably they found something legitimate ground to deny you application and I am sure they have explained it on your refusal letter. From my experience, for US visa interview, value of documents during interview is almost zero but Canadian visa mainly assessed on provided documents. Probably the circumstances had been changed between your US and Canadian visa application timeline and they had considered your present situation not the previous one. Regards
thats what i tried to tell him the same that we are no one to ask to process visa under can+ category, it is under hands of VO he can issue under that category

M_Bd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
21-04-2016
Med's Done....
24-04-2016
Interview........
Waived, Alhumdulillah
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2016
LANDED..........
16-09-2016
I think you misunderstood, Mr. Shafi asked, being a valid US visa holder, is he eligible for Can+ Program or not? Simple question but I don't understand why you misunderstood? Yes, we are one who can select first whether I am eligible for Can+ Program or not and accordingly we have to prepare our required documents. To let you know that if someone is eligible for Can+ Program then s/he is waived to submit some required documents like employments docs, financial docs etc., So, when you will go to VAC to submit your paper application, they will first select whether you can submit the application as a Can+ applicant or not and accordingly you have to lodge your application. And issuance of visa is solely depend on your application's merit including supporting docs, strong ties to return to your home country etc.

thats what i tried to tell him the same that we are no one to ask to process visa under can+ category, it is under hands of VO he can issue under that category

A H Shafi

Oct 16, 2019
I think you misunderstood, Mr. Shafi asked, being a valid US visa holder, is he eligible for Can+ Program or not? Simple question but I don't understand why you misunderstood? Yes, we are one who can select first whether I am eligible for Can+ Program or not and accordingly we have to prepare our required documents. To let you know that if someone is eligible for Can+ Program then s/he is waived to submit some required documents like employments docs, financial docs etc., So, when you will go to VAC to submit your paper application, they will first select whether you can submit the application as a Can+ applicant or not and accordingly you have to lodge your application. And issuance of visa is solely depend on your application's merit including supporting docs, strong ties to return to your home country etc.
Dear M_Bd,

Thanks a lot for your very valuable info. Regards, A H Shafi