+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can PGWP be extended in my case? Please help...

TrinhN92

Nov 18, 2018
Hi there, i graduated with a bichelor degree in science in 2014 and got a 3 years PGWP. I worked part time for about a year before get acceptted to be a research assistant for 8 month then went back to school for my Master degree. At that time my PSWP still have over a year left before expiration date. But by the time i finished my Master and the final date will be Jan 2019, the PSWP has expired. Can i do anything to get another work permit so i can find a job? Since after the final date, i only have 90 days before I have to leave Canada and finding a job without a work permit in less than 3 months is next to impossible. Has anyone been through situation like me?
Please help!!!!!
Thank you so much.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi there, i graduated with a bichelor degree in science in 2014 and got a 3 years PGWP. I worked part time for about a year before get acceptted to be a research assistant for 8 month then went back to school for my Master degree. At that time my PSWP still have over a year left before expiration date. But by the time i finished my Master and the final date will be Jan 2019, the PSWP has expired. Can i do anything to get another work permit so i can find a job? Since after the final date, i only have 90 days before I have to leave Canada and finding a job without a work permit in less than 3 months is next to impossible. Has anyone been through situation like me?
Please help!!!!!
Thank you so much.
Pgwp is a one off opportunity.

Employer sponsorship is the only option left for you. Others can comment better on this.

Reactions: TrinhN92

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Please help!!!!!
Thank you so much.
Did you obtain a new study permit for your Masters? As you are aware, a PGWP is specifically non-extendable and a once in a lifetime opportunity. If you don't use it, you lose it.

TrinhN92

Nov 18, 2018
Did you obtain a new study permit for your Masters? As you are aware, a PGWP is specifically non-extendable and a once in a lifetime opportunity. If you don't use it, you lose it.
I have a new study permit for my Master. The permit valid till 2020 but i finished school in 2019.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please help!!!!!
Thank you so much.
You can only apply for a PGWP once and your PGWP cannot be extended.

If you wish to remain in Canada and work after your Masters is finished, you'll need to apply for a closed work permit which requires a job offer and approved LMIA from your employer.