+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can not send Passport from Canada to New Delhi

fairmont

Oct 18, 2013
Dear All,
I got a PPR from New Delhi in Oct 2013 and asked me to send Passport by end of NOV13, I requested them saying I will send the passport in Jan 2014 (I was traveling). I sent passport by Canada post two days ago and it got returned from customs saying we can not send passport by post or courier. My PPR date is expaired. How can I send the passport to New Delhi now? Can I request them to get a Visa from CPP ottawa?

Please kindly give your advise.

Thank you

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
fairmont said:
Dear All,
I got a PPR from New Delhi in Oct 2013 and asked me to send Passport by end of NOV13, I requested them saying I will send the passport in Jan 2014 (I was traveling). I sent passport by Canada post two days ago and it got returned from customs saying we can not send passport by post or courier. My PPR date is expaired. How can I send the passport to New Delhi now? Can I request them to get a Visa from CPP ottawa?

Please kindly give your advise.

Thank you
legally you can't send passports outside the country + your passport package got intercepted....the only other way i can see you personally going to India to submit the passport and then returning with it because New Delhi VO will only mail passport to a local Indian address....another option maybe to send the passport with somebody with authorization and then they return with the passport...don't know how legal is that but can be looked after...

fairmont

Oct 18, 2013
I sent them e mail saying I am getting married in India and will send passport with my wife's documents. They replyed only what documents they need for my wife. they did not indicate any thing about PPR extension

Thank you

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
fairmont said:
I sent them e mail saying I am getting married in India and will send passport with my wife's documents. They replyed only what documents they need for my wife. they did not indicate any thing about PPR extension

Thank you
Hi fairmont,

I think you may contact New Delhi visa office and request them to allow you to get your PR visa stamped in Canada (at CPP-Ottawa). They may accept it but I am not very sure.

One more thing, could you please tell me, when did you inform NDVO that you are going to get married? I mean you informed after you got PPR or before? Because, I am also in a similar situation...we have received PPR on Oct 3, 2013 and my wife was due on Nov 1, 2013. So we did not submit our passports as of now...just sent the new born baby's documents a month ago....and haven't heard back from them yet.

Good luck for everything.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

fairmont

Oct 18, 2013
Hi Sarayu,
I have informed them after I got my PPR. They send me a generic reply of what documents for my wife. I sent them a e mail requesting them to allow me to send passport to CPP Ottawa.
Thank you

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
We need to travel to India for passport submission.

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ttrajan said:
We need to travel to India for passport submission.
Hi ttrajan,

Why do you say that we have to travel to India for passport submission? I'm also in similar situation. I'm in US and they have asked for Passports. Although, one of my family members can carry the passports but I don't know if it the right thing to do.. I'm worried in case they ask for in person interview then what would I do.

Thanks.

atinsingh

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2012/Resend on 15-Feb-2013
Nomination.....
27-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
02-APR-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
8 MAY 2013 to SGVO / 26 Nov 2013 to NDVO
Med's Request
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Interview........
No idea?
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
canimmigrate said:
Hi ttrajan,

Why do you say that we have to travel to India for passport submission? I'm also in similar situation. I'm in US and they have asked for Passports. Although, one of my family members can carry the passports but I don't know if it the right thing to do.. I'm worried in case they ask for in person interview then what would I do.

Thanks.
You dont have to worry, there will not be any interview, make sure that you are giving authoziation letter with explanation of your family/friend for carrying your passports , so indian authorities does not bother him/her