+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my spouse sponsor both his parents and my own parents at the same time

phoebengn

May 23, 2016
Hello there,
I wanted to sponsor my parents but I do not meet the minimum income requirement. My spouse alone, however, makes way more than the income requirement to sponsor parents from his side and my side (4 in total). Is this possible to apply for sponsorship for all parents at the same time? I assume that my spouse and I will send 2 different applications to ponsor our own parents, my spouse will need to co-sign my application. Is that true?
Thank you so much!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello there,
I wanted to sponsor my parents but I do not meet the minimum income requirement. My spouse alone, however, makes way more than the income requirement to sponsor parents from his side and my side (4 in total). Is this possible to apply for sponsorship for all parents at the same time? I assume that my spouse and I will send 2 different applications to ponsor our own parents, my spouse will need to co-sign my application. Is that true?
Thank you so much!
Yes if you qualify for LICO for 8 people plus any children you may have you can apply under the current rules. You will need to check to see whether there are any changes to the application process next year since nothing is set in stone or guaranteed with PGP.

Reactions: Rubydairy

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello there,
Thank you so much!
Is this for PGP and you applied last year or for next year? So what is the total of your family (spouse and children) and your parents (4 people). That is what you need to meet not just 4 people.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Hello there,
I wanted to sponsor my parents but I do not meet the minimum income requirement. My spouse alone, however, makes way more than the income requirement to sponsor parents from his side and my side (4 in total). Is this possible to apply for sponsorship for all parents at the same time? I assume that my spouse and I will send 2 different applications to sponsor our own parents, my spouse will need to co-sign my application. Is that true?
Thank you so much!
I am not sure where canuck and naturgrl come up with 8 and 4 people for LICO. Each spouse has 2 parents, thus the total number of people to qualify for LICO is 6 people. 1 spouse and has two parents and the other spouse has 2 people, totally 6 people for LICO assuming no children.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am not sure where canuck and naturgrl come up with 8 and 4 people for LICO. Each spouse has 2 parents, thus the total number of people to qualify for LICO is 6 people. 1 spouse and has two parents and the other spouse has 2 people, totally 6 people for LICO assuming no children.
The parents are 4 people which I put in brackets plus their family number (including spouse and children).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you look at previous posts they specified that they have 2 young children. So yes 8 was right.

Reactions: screech339