+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my spouse be included in my CEC application?

jasonsmart

Feb 24, 2014
Hi everybody,

I've been working in BC for one year, and be eligible for CEC application. My question is, if I get married before i submit my application, my wife who is Chinese (visitor status in Canada), can I include her as a dependant in my application?
Thanks in advance.

naijabelle

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
jasonsmart said:
Hi everybody,

I've been working in BC for one year, and be eligible for CEC application. My question is, if I get married before i submit my application, my wife who is Chinese (visitor status in Canada), can I include her as a dependant in my application?
Thanks in advance.
Yes you can...for sure

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

Not only can you include her but you MUST include her. If you didn't, you would be committing misrepresentation and you would never be able to sponsor her in the future.

There are no requirements that she must meet other than being your genuine and legal spouse.

jasonsmart

Feb 24, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

Not only can you include her but you MUST include her. If you didn't, you would be committing misrepresentation and you would never be able to sponsor her in the future.

There are no requirements that she must meet other than being your genuine and legal spouse.
Hi,

U mind I ask u another question?
If my wife is residing outside Canada while I file our CEC application, will she be able to come to Canada while we awaiting PR? She holds a visitor visa which gives her 6 months stay in Canada.
Thanks a lot.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
jasonsmart said:
Hi,

U mind I ask u another question?
If my wife is residing outside Canada while I file our CEC application, will she be able to come to Canada while we awaiting PR? She holds a visitor visa which gives her 6 months stay in Canada.
Thanks a lot.
Yes, she can come to Canada during the process.