+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can my soon to be wife enter canada with a travel visa?

graham

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
I will be getting married this june in the phillipeans,she has applied for a travel visa. I would hate for her to be denied entry-would they let her in or not.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

graham said:
I will be getting married this june in the phillipeans,she has applied for a travel visa. I would hate for her to be denied entry-would they let her in or not.
Since her intention is to remain permanently in Canada, it is unlikely that she would be issued a TRV.

PMM

Can_Zim

Mar 3, 2008
PMM is right, it's very unfortunate but it seems very difficult for many people to prove to CIC that they will return home after visa expiry (the main requirement for a visa to be issued). so, both of you should prepare yourselves emotionally for this. my partner and i were niave and felt he had an excellent case to visit me but he was denied and it was a huge slap in the face. but, good luck with your spousal sponsorship....you'll be together-it'll just take some patience and long distance phone calls to get through the time apart.

graham

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
I know it is not the best of circumstances,but if she was to obtain a travel visa and came with me to canada,would they make her leave?or would they grant her entry?
I am just concerned if she gets her travel visa and comes with me,I'd have to send her home on a plane alone,which would be terrible ! what are the chances they will tell her to leave?
Thank you for any comments.

Can_Zim

Mar 3, 2008
hi there,

i think you're talking about 2 seperate types of 'visas'.

if you want your wife to come to canada permanently and live with you then you have to sponsor her. there is a whole application process to go through and this can take months (or years in some cases). you need to provide evidence to Citizenship and Immigration that your marriage in genuine. things like your marriage certificate from the phillipines, evidence of phone calls, photos together, emails you've sent, gifts you've given and received etc. anything that proves to CIC that your marriage is real. check out www.cic.gc.ca for details-there is a lot of good info there.

if you want your wife to simply VISIT you in canda, this is called a Temporary Resident Visa and she applies for this BEFORE she gets to Canada. there is probably a Canadian High Commission or Embassy in the phillipines to whom she would apply to (again, check the website for info). In order for her to be successful with this, she has to prove to CIC that she will leave Canada at the end of her visit. this will be very very very hard for her to do b/c she will be visiting you and they will wonder how a visit between a husband and wife can be temporary.

i hope this clears things up a bit. if you want to live together permanently in canada then you have to sponsor her to canada. if you want her to visit you in canada she has to obtain a Temporary Resident Visa.

all the best graham.

hootch

Jan 23, 2008
It wont work, don't try it, I did exactly that with my wife and they refused us cause of Dual-Intent
and we lost 3 months because of that and in the end we had to go with PR sponsorship.

So don't bother it's waste of time just go straight for PR and be patient

Graham,

Start the permanent resident visa and when your sponsorship execpted, send your wife the letter of execptance and get her to show it to the Immigration folks at the embassy when she is doing the toursit visa application. This worked for me and my wife in Bangkok. She was here in Canada for 6 1/2 months now she back in Thailand just waiting out her PRV. I just got word today, that the Singapore office needs a new medical form, and they will start to finialize the process - provided everything goes smoothly. SO far its been 7 months for the PRV.

Graeme - the is the real way to spell the name.........j/k lol

TanTan

Feb 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same way worked for us too.... TRV was issued while waiting for PR.