+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can my sister sponsor me?

friendly

Jun 25, 2010
Hi! Im new here...I have a question. I have a sister living in Vancouver for 5 years already. Is it possible for her to sponsor me? If yes, can I bring w/ me my commonlaw partner? How do I go about this? Pls help me, really want to join my family in Canada. I tried applying last year but unfortunately, my agent lost her head and made a fraud act. Was one of her victim and got my money... Thanks so much. hope somebody can help me on this...

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unless you are an orphan and each other's only surviving relative, no, your sister cannot sponsor you. And you say you have a common law partner so the answer is no. Sorry.

You should report the agent to the proper authorities. The Immigration Minister has created new legislation to make this a criminal offence. Don't be silent. This is wrong.

I

iarblue

You yourself can apply under the Federal workers if you Qualify,and having family in Canada will help your case but as for your common law spouse no,he/she will have to do their own FSW app,or student visa to get in.As even if you got in under the FSW and wanted to sponsor your common law later you cant as it requires you to be living together for the year before you apply,so you will not be able to come together unless you both apply for the TRV or student visa and both get approved.