+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my Seborrheic keratosis cause me to fail my medical exam?

allym23

Apr 30, 2018
I have been sponsored by my mother to come to Canada and my medical exam is scheduled next week. My concern is I have Seborrheic Keratosis, a form of warts on my left leg. Can this cause me to fail my medical examination? I am afraid that my application could be refused because of this. Thanks in advance to those who will reply. ☺

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Unlikely you would be refused for it. It’s no contagious and there is no treatment to go with it ( other than having them removed which probably wouldn’t be covered by provincial healthcare).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It's not actually warts because it's not caused by a virus. Pretty uncommon in younger individuals so wondering if it is the correct diagnosis. They are actually often referred to as wisdom spots. Considered a cosmetic issue usually treated with liquid nitrogen.

allym23

Apr 30, 2018
Unlikely you would be refused for it. It’s no contagious and there is no treatment to go with it ( other than having them removed which probably wouldn’t be covered by provincial healthcare).
Thank you very much your reply will help me be more confident in taking the medical exam. I hope my application will be approved in the future. ☺

allym23

Apr 30, 2018
It's not actually warts because it's not caused by a virus. Pretty uncommon in younger individuals so wondering if it is the correct diagnosis. They are actually often referred to as wisdom spots. Considered a cosmetic issue usually treated with liquid nitrogen.
Thanks! I was afraid it would affect my application. but now that I have answers I’d probably be more confident that I might get approved.