+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my parent accompany me to canada

Sara231

Jul 17, 2021
Hi everyone,
I want my mother to accompany me to Canada and help me settle down initially for about a week or too.
I am confused about what I should write in the letter of invitation and the address(should it just be my university).
Your reply would be highly appreciated.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
For her to accompany you, you need to apply together when you apply for your SP. No letter of invitation required, just submit a TRV application for her (if not from visa-exempt country).

If you have already applied and now want to apply separately for her, you need to first apply for Authorisation to travel from IRCC for her before her application will be processed.

Sara231

Jul 17, 2021
For her to accompany you, you need to apply together when you apply for your SP. No letter of invitation required, just submit a TRV application for her (if not from visa-exempt country).

If you have already applied and now want to apply separately for her, you need to first apply for Authorisation to travel from IRCC for her before her application will be processed.
what about "what I should write in the letter of invitation and the address(should it just be my university). "
I have already received my study permit and we are not from visa-exempt country.
I was applying for her and the application asked for a letter of invitation.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
what about "what I should write in the letter of invitation and the address(should it just be my university). "
I have already received my study permit and we are not from visa-exempt country.
Before you apply, you need to first apply for exemption for her to travel. Tourists are currently not allowed in so her application will not be processed without the travel authorization.

Letter of invitation is not required, and your school cannot give her that. You need to write a cover letter saying you want her to accompany you etc. But your first step is getting her an exemption.

Sara231

Jul 17, 2021
Before you apply, you need to first apply for exemption for her to travel. Tourists are currently not allowed in so her application will not be processed without the travel authorization.

Letter of invitation is not required, and your school cannot give her that. You need to write a cover letter saying you want her to accompany you etc. But your first step is getting her an exemption.
well, I am not looking to get a visa for now but for the end of the year till then restrictions are likely to be removed.
What about the address in the application form and should I fill that she will accompany a family member in the form.
Also should i mention that i want a multiple entry visa or they would decide themselves?
And at last thanks for your replies.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
There is no letter of invitation because you aren’t in Canada. You can’t invite her until you are living in Canada. She applies for a visitor visa and written authorization to travel at this same time. Not even sure she is eligible to travel because you aren’t in Canada. Where are your from because processing can be long.

Last edited:

Sara231

Jul 17, 2021
There is no letter of invitation because you aren’t in Canada. You can’t invite her until you are living in Canada. She applies for a visitor visa and written authorization to travel at this same time. Not even sure she is eligible to travel because you aren’t in Canada. Where are your from because processing can be long.
I am thinking to write a letter requesting them to give her a visa for her to travel

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am thinking to write a letter requesting them to give her a visa for her to travel
You can try but you aren’t a citizen or PR, so your request has no bearing. Plus you aren’t in Canada. Is this for travel soon because she also needs written authorization to travel. This authorization is to “reunite” with family members so if you are not in Canada then she doesn’t fit the criteria. She will have to wait until travel restrictions are lifted.

Reactions: wonderbly

Sara231

Jul 17, 2021
You can try but you aren’t a citizen or PR, so your request has no bearing. Plus you aren’t in Canada. Is this for travel soon because she also needs written authorization to travel. This authorization is to “reunite” with family members so if you are not in Canada then she doesn’t fit the criteria. She will have to wait until travel restrictions are lifted.
I am applying for January and will be in Canada in late December as my classes will be on campus. I am applying for the visa right now since the visa processing takes

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I am applying for January and will be in Canada in late December as my classes will be on campus. I am applying for the visa right now since the visa processing takes
Go ahead and apply, but like we've told you, your application will sit gathering dust until Canada opens fully for tourism - unless you apply for and receive Authorisation to Travel.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You can try but because you are not in Canada, she will wait for travel restrictions to lift.