+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my husband PR identity been cancelled

renmin123

May 21, 2013
I spondsored my husband to immigrate to canada and he landed two months ago. But, I just found out he has affair in his home country and we are getting divorce. I want to know if I withdraw my spondsorship, can my husband PR identity been cancelled, I don't want him to be here with me.

waitingsince2004

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
28-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-02-2021
LANDED..........
28-10-2015
renmin123 said:
I spondsored my husband to immigrate to canada and he landed two months ago. But, I just found out he has affair in his home country and we are getting divorce. I want to know if I withdraw my spondsorship, can my husband PR identity been cancelled, I don't want him to be here with me.
Sorry to hear that.........but unfortunately it is too late....if you were applied after 25 Oct 2012 in that case his PR could be revoked....

Sham marriages are the reason Innocent people are still waiting and fraudulent people got PR. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: and Now please dont say that your husband from India, Pakistan or Sri Lanka or china. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Wyz

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 2012, tfr to ISL May 2013
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
renmin123 said:
OH...please don't let him be from Pakistan...please please please...we just got raised to 29 months and cases like this are only going to make our timeline worse :(

Sad news though, sorry for what you have to go through.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
renmin123 said:
Yes they will revoke his PR and send back to his country. I am talking from my own experience but you should write a letter to CIC and have solide grounds such as pictures, emails, text messages that they are exchanging to each other. He is a life succer then. Sorry about it.

renmin123

May 21, 2013
Thanks for your response :). After long hours talking, I decided to forgive him once for our children's sake.

aks.asr1

Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
renmin123 said:
Thanks for your response :). After long hours talking, I decided to forgive him once for our children's sake.
That's good to hear.. Wish you all the best together..
But, surprised you forgave him in couple of hrs.. :D :D

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Eagle333 said:
Yes they will revoke his PR and send back to his country. I am talking from my own experience but you should write a letter to CIC and have solide grounds such as pictures, emails, text messages that they are exchanging to each other. He is a life succer then. Sorry about it.
On exactly what do you base this information? I believe that you are incorrect and they will not revoke his PR.
I also believe that the OP will be stuck with her sponsorship agreement obligations for the next three years.

If you have some form of official documentation that shows that this is not the case, we would all be very interested to see it.

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 01, 2013 - Redo X-Ray
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
zardoz said:
On exactly what do you base this information? I believe that you are incorrect and they will not revoke his PR.
"Citizenship and Immigration Canada is changing Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations to make a sponsored spouse stay in the relationship for at least two years once they receive permanent residence status, or they have to leave Canada."

Take a look at this thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/married-immigrants-must-stay-together-for-two-years-or-face-expulsion-article-t96276.15.html

As for you renmin123, I hope that now that he is there, close to you and your kids, the whole thing from his home country will be a thing of the past. And a reminder for you and all the other women out there: remember to be his wife, not only the mother of his kids. ;)
Good luck!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
This is only if the application was received on/after 25th October last year. The OP did not state that this was the situation.
It also does not apply if they have been already married for more than two years OR have a child together.

Effective October 25, 2012, sponsored spouses or partners must now live together in a legitimate relationship with their sponsor for two years from the day they receive permanent residence status in Canada.

If you are a spouse or partner being sponsored to come to Canada, this applies to you if:

You are being sponsored by a permanent resident or Canadian citizen
You have been in a relationship for two years or less with your sponsor
You have no children in common
Your application was received on or after October 25, 2012
I refer you to...

renmin123 said:

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 01, 2013 - Redo X-Ray
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
zardoz said:
This is only if the application was received on/after 25th October last year. The OP did not state that this was the situation.
It also does not apply if they have been already married for more than two years OR have a child together.
True enough. So it actually doesn't apply for her situation.