+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my dependent enter Canada using TRV before landing? Urgent

Visitor89

Star Member
Dec 16, 2016
Hello friends,

My wife who lives in Brazil and happens to have a work permit and TRV for Canada booked her flight for Canada, Nov 14th a few months back, I applied for PR and we got it pretty quick, We got PPRs and she got her passport back with stamp and a receipt, however I am waiting for my Passport, its still with CPC Ottawa.

My questions is that can my wife still enter Canada using her work permit and not land right now, wait with me in Canada till I get my passport and then we Land together as I being Principal applicant need to land first

Will she be denied entry?

Please help!
Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello friends,

My wife who lives in Brazil and happens to have a work permit and TRV for Canada booked her flight for Canada, Nov 14th a few months back, I applied for PR and we got it pretty quick, We got PPRs and she got her passport back with stamp and a receipt, however I am waiting for my Passport, its still with CPC Ottawa.

My questions is that can my wife still enter Canada using her work permit and not land right now, wait with me in Canada till I get my passport and then we Land together as I being Principal applicant need to land first

Will she be denied entry?

Please help!
Thanks
Hi

She should have no issues entering and later completing the landing with you.

Visitor89

Star Member
Dec 16, 2016
Hi

She should have no issues entering and later completing the landing with you.
Thank u Canuck, I was very worried that CBSA officer can see the Immigrant stamp on her passport and ask why isn't she landing. But her intent is true, she cant land until i land and now that she has TRV and work permit she shouldn't be denied entry

Also, can I asked you another question?

If I know that I need to make some business related multiple trips in and out of Canada using flights. Can I choose to keep re-entering using my Work permit and Land later within the expiry date, when I think iam ready?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If I know that I need to make some business related multiple trips in and out of Canada using flights. Can I choose to keep re-entering using my Work permit and Land later within the expiry date, when I think iam ready?
It is up to the discretion of the CBSA officer when entering. Generally, people are able to enter without landing if they can show that they are returning before they would have the PR card. Whether you would be able to do this repeatedly, no one can say.

Visitor89

Star Member
Dec 16, 2016
It is up to the discretion of the CBSA officer when entering. Generally, people are able to enter without landing if they can show that they are returning before they would have the PR card. Whether you would be able to do this repeatedly, no one can say.
Ok, so I'll avoid any trips for sure but about my wife. She won't have a problem, right? I'm sorry I'm just too scared I want to reconfirm before I give her a green signal.

Scenario: She has a TRV, Work Permit, Dependent PR sticker and COPR(she and me haven't landed yet), She will arrive on 14th Nov and show her tourist Visa to the officer, we both do have a trip to Chicago booked for Dec 1st, she can show those tickets too that she will leave Canada and later enter as a PR and do her landing with me, her PA on December 6th, while we are on our way back to Canada from Chicago. In this scenario She did not lie and did not disrespect her tourist visa as she will actually be a tourist in Canada for 2 weeks.

she won't she be denied entry right? I read somewhere that TRVs/Work permits are canceled once you get PR sticker but I think what they mean is is that they get canceled once you land, We haven't landed so at least her TRV should let her in for now.

Please advise, Thanks a Ton!!!