+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAN MY DAD SPONSOR MY DAUGHTER IN LAW ?? PLEASE HELP WITH DEFINETE ANSWER.

riz.hash

Star Member
May 28, 2012
HELLO..,

I AM A STUDENT OUTSIDE CANADA BUT I DO HOLD PRC CARD WHICH IS VALID TILL 2017 . I AM 21 AND I RECENTLY GOT ENGAGED. AS I DONT HAVE ANY INCOME STATEMENT OR FINANCIAL PORVE. CAN MY DAD WHO IS CURRENTLY IN CANADA AND WORKING AS WELL CAN HE SPONSOR MY FIANCE??? PLEASE HELP ME SOON.. AND WHAT WILL BE THE PROCEDURE FOR ALL THAT. I AM FROM PAKISTAN.

THANKS

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - your father cannot sponsor her. You are the only one who can sponsor her.

You can sponsor her once you are either married or common law (have lived together for a minimum of one full year).

You do not have to be making any income to sponser her.

However since you are a PR, you must be living in Canada when you submit the application to sponsor her and you must continue living in Canada until the application is fully approved and she has received her PR visa.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
riz.hash said:
but they do ask for financial statement so what can i do with that???
A financial statement - even if asked for, is not material to make a decision on spousal sponsorship. In case of spousal sponsorship these are the points that are taken into consideration while processing:
- Is the relationship genuine?
- Does the sponsor and the person sponsored, show their intent to live in Canada
- Do they possess skills/qualifications to make a decent living in Canada

Meeting the 'low-income-cut-off' is not applicable in this case.

riz.hash

Star Member
May 28, 2012
thanks alot for the details everyone..

i need to ask few more things..

1) i am from pakistan , i heard the spouse sponsor time has been increased is it true???

2) they ask for t4 or t5 for financial prove, but i only lived in canada for 2 mnths and as soon as i got the prc card i came here. dint work at all. solution to sponsor my spouse.

3) should i just ignore that requirement or what should i do about the financial statement needed. can i borrow money from my dad put in my account and show that , that i have sufficient amount in my account??? will this work..

4) she will be a engineer soon so her chances are gud ???

5) i am in pakistan .and i will be going to cnada for 2 mnths from dec to feb .. can i do anything for her..?? in that period ? visa application?

thanks .. hope to hear soon.. very much needed. thanks

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
riz.hash said:
thanks alot for the details everyone..

i need to ask few more things..

1) i am from pakistan , i heard the spouse sponsor time has been increased is it true???

2) they ask for t4 or t5 for financial prove, but i only lived in canada for 2 mnths and as soon as i got the prc card i came here. dint work at all. solution to sponsor my spouse.

3) should i just ignore that requirement or what should i do about the financial statement needed. can i borrow money from my dad put in my account and show that , that i have sufficient amount in my account??? will this work..

4) she will be a engineer soon so her chances are gud ???

5) i am in pakistan .and i will be going to cnada for 2 mnths from dec to feb .. can i do anything for her..?? in that period ? visa application?

thanks .. hope to hear soon.. very much needed. thanks
1. The time for Islamabad is currently 26 months for 80% of cases in the last 12 months. The time for the approval of sponsors has increased from roughly 30 days to 80-90 days.

2. You do NOT need to show a specific amount of income to sponsor your spouse. Submit what you have available, do not worry about how much or how little it is.

3. You can't ignore the requirement to provide whatever financial information you have, but you will not need to fill out a financial evaluation form to sponsor her.

4. Spouses with professional qualifications are helpful, but not necessary. Likely she will need to take additional courses anyways to qualify as an engineer in Canada.

5. You must be married first to submit your application to sponsor her, you cannot sponsor a fiancee. Either you are married or have lived together for a year (doubtful since you are Pakistani). Get married, complete your application with all the necessary documentation, return to Canada and submit the application, and remain resident in Canada so your wife can get her visa and join you there.