+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my 85 years old dad apply his caretake visit visa into his visit application?

mumtazad7

Jul 5, 2014
My father is dependent and disabled to walk, 85 years old and wants to visit me in Canada.
Can he apply for a visit visa as well for his caretaker who is looking after him? and what are the challenges will be in this process? Please help me.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My father is dependent and disabled to walk, 85 years old and wants to visit me in Canada.
Can he apply for a visit visa as well for his caretaker who is looking after him? and what are the challenges will be in this process? Please help me.
His caretaker has to apply for a visitor visa and show funds, travel history, ties to home country. The application is separate from your father’s so assessed based on his/her own profile.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given your lack of status in Canada and the fact that your father needs a caretaker because he is disabled it will likely be very difficult for him to get approved for a TRV. A foreign caretaker can’t be approved to come to Canada and continue caretaking because that would be considered illegally working while in Canada.

Reactions: YVR123 and Naturgrl