+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my 3 year child accompany me if I am coming in student visa to Canada

James_007

Jan 25, 2020
Hi, I am apply for as a international student from India for a college pg course in Canada . I am divorced and have a 3 year old child . My question is can I bring my child along if I am coming in student visa .
If yes any extra formalities to be done .also can my child study there

please suggest and guide me .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I am apply for as a international student from India for a college pg course in Canada . I am divorced and have a 3 year old child . My question is can I bring my child along if I am coming in student visa .

You can apply for a TRV for the child. 3 years old is too young to study.

You should have full legal custody or a notarized permission letter from the other parent.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

In addition to the above, you will also need to show additional funds to support your stay in Canada. Child care is quite expensive here.

Reactions: canuck_in_uk

jgaona

Sep 6, 2019
Hi, yes..I came with my son. He has a visitor visa and before the 6 months period of valid time here, we applied for a visitor record that is valid until the expiration of my study permit. Children start Junior Kindergarten at 4 y.o and before that, you can pay child care if needed but it is quite expensive, depending on the province where you are planning to stay. However, we can apply for a child subsidy, I'm in Toronto and it was not possible to apply the first year I was here because they need that I file taxes first and then, apply again.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, yes..I came with my son. He has a visitor visa and before the 6 months period of valid time here, we applied for a visitor record that is valid until the expiration of my study permit. Children start Junior Kindergarten at 4 y.o and before that, you can pay child care if needed but it is quite expensive, depending on the province where you are planning to stay. However, we can apply for a child subsidy, I'm in Toronto and it was not possible to apply the first year I was here because they need that I file taxes first and then, apply again.
As an international student you will not qualify for a subsidized daycare spot.

jgaona

Sep 6, 2019
As an international student you will not qualify for a subsidized daycare spot.
Oh..maybe the customer representative was not aware..I did apply and he only told me last year that I need to file taxes first in 2020 and then, I can resume my application.