+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can medicals be done while pregnant?

gracetoGod

May 10, 2015
Hello,

Is there any possibility to do medicals while pregnant of 1 month (or so)?

In the e-mail that VO sent to me about doing MR, they also advice to let them know about the birth of a child and other changed in the family status (they have listed in the e-mail), but nowhere says to let them know about pregnancy.

Please reply

gracetoGod

May 10, 2015
kuskus said:
Simply put, yes.
Thank you for the reply, but why do I read ppl saying in the forum that since wife is pregnant, they can't do medicals therefore the application will be postponed etc....?

daiwik123456

Feb 19, 2015
Hi Seniors ,
my wife is in 4th month pregnancy and we are expecting MR request by mid june. i am not sure if i need to notify visa office for this development now or should i wait till MR request comes.
i fear if i notify for pregnancy before SLU , my case could be delayed.
please suggest what should I do.
thks

pk2ca

Star Member
Sep 27, 2010
gracetoGod said:
Thank you for the reply, but why do I read ppl saying in the forum that since wife is pregnant, they can't do medicals therefore the application will be postponed etc....?
Theoretically, you can do it. As part of the tests you'll be required to undergo chest x ray, and here is when things get complicated. Medical center usually will offer to perform this using a protective shield on a pregnant woman. But there is a chance that that X ray can affect the developing fetus which, in extreme cases, can result in birth defects. So you'll have to accept and consent to these risks. Many ppl don't want to take this risk and they request VO to delay the medical until the childbirth and usually the VO cooperates in this regard.

pk2ca

Star Member
Sep 27, 2010
daiwik123456 said:
Hi Seniors ,
my wife is in 4th month pregnancy and we are expecting MR request by mid june. i am not sure if i need to notify visa office for this development now or should i wait till MR request comes.
i fear if i notify for pregnancy before SLU , my case could be delayed.
please suggest what should I do.
thks
I think you should wait for MR as you don't know for sure when you'll get that. At that time if you decide to delay the medicals, you can notify and VO usually hold the MR until childbirth.

daiwik123456

Feb 19, 2015
pk2ca said:
I think you should wait for MR as you don't know for sure when you'll get that. At that time if you decide to delay the medicals, you can notify and VO usually hold the MR until childbirth.

ips.21feb

May 14, 2015
Hi,
My wife is 3 months pregnant and we have received the MR. we will be undergoing MR in a weeks time but before that i want to update visa office about this change in family composition. what is the right process to follow to update visa office about this? Please guide.