+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can Medicals be done from native country?

Piyali

Apr 27, 2006
Hi PMM & anyone who can help me,

We have applied for Canadian PR from USA.Our native land is India.Due to an unavoidable reason I along with my 8 months old son,have to go to India.However my husband happens to be staying here who is the Principal Applicant.We have applied for PR in 2006 June.

Can anyone tell me that within this time if we get Medical orders, what happens? Can I go for my & my son's medicals from an Authorized medical officer(for Canadian Immigration) in India and send the Newyork office our results?

Also what happens if we are asked to go for an interview?Do I have to re-enter USA to go for the interview or there is a way to have it done in India?

If interview is scheduled in India does my husband come to India for the interview? As I understand there may not be any way of us going for our interviews in different countries(USA & India) for our Canadian PR Application.

Any genuine help regarding this will be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Yes, you can get your medicals done in India and have them sent to the U.S. As long as your exam is performed by a doctor that's approved by CIC, it doesn't matter which country you get it done in.

CIC will try to accomodate your circumstances with respect to an interview location, but it could cause delays. I also believe they'll want to interview you together. You might contact the Canadian embassy/consultate closest to your home in India and ask them if you can interview separately, since they'd likely be doing the interview.

Piyali

Apr 27, 2006
Re: Can Medicals be done from native country?Urgent Pls anyone who can help?

Thanks a lot Thaiguy.I appreciate your reply.

I would also like to hear from PMM and other applicants who may have undergone similar if not identical situation.

Hope to get an early response guys!

Thanks

choizzy

Jun 11, 2007
Hi

This is with regards to your questions, based on my experience ( I am now a landed immigrant here Canada)

1. You can have your medical exam as per the hospitals/clinics referred by CIC, normally they gave the list of this hospitals/clinics after you have passed the interview with the Consulate or if your interview was waived CIC will send you mail that you're interview was waived and proceed to medical examination. Attached to your letter lists of CIC designated/referred hospitals/clinics. I dont know what is the procedure in where you applied your application, but on my case i had my medical examination in Hongkong since at that time i was working in China so the nearest location is a hospital in HK, because normally the hospital/clinic is the one who will send the results to the embassy where you applied your application.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Piyali,

Yes, yours is a unique situation. But it's also hard to tell what will happen since you applied from the U.S. but you're not all living there.

I suggest you start a new thread and specify that you're looking only for PMM's advice.

Also, explain what your visa status is in each county - is your husband on an H1B in the U.S., or is he a green card holder? Did he apply to Buffalo or where? Are you a U.S. green card holder? What is the status of your son? Etc. Provide as many details as possible.

Good luck,

TG

choizzy

Jun 11, 2007
Piyali,

In addition, can I ask who is the principal applicant? you or your husband? what i've known for an interview meeting with the Consul, the principal applicant can or cannot be accompany by his/her family, so it means that it is the discretion of the principal applicant whether his/her family can accompany his/her in the interview.

This is what i've known from my consultant back home, but they advised that it is advisable to be with the family..

Hope it can help..

Piyali

Apr 27, 2006
Thaiguy,

My Visa status is H4(Dependent) and yes my hubby is on H1b in US and we applied to Buffalo and file has been transfered to NY now.We are in USA currently.

Choizzy,

My Hubby is principal applicant and what do you mean by your "consultant"?

My query has not been solved...really about Medicals I know it can be probably done in my native Land India.

But what if I am in India ,mu hubby in USA and we need to go for an interview?Do I need to go to US?What if at that point in time I dont get a visa?

Anyone..pls help with suggestions and real time experience!

choizzy

Jun 11, 2007
Hi Piyali,

What i meant of "consultant" is i applied my independent visa thru a "Consultancy firm" back home they are engaged and provided canadian immigration services.

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
choizzy said:
Hi Piyali,

What i meant of "consultant" is i applied my independent visa thru a "Consultancy firm" back home they are engaged and provided canadian immigration services.

Hey choizzy,

I thought only registered Canadian immigration lawyers could apply on your behalf, are you sure that this "Consultancy firm" has the approvals to do so?

PMM it is possible to hire someone else other than Canadian Firms to represent somebody?

choizzy

Jun 11, 2007
Hi Eduardo,

Yes of course, that's why I be able to landed here in Canada. Pls read one of the services this consultancy offered (taken from their website).

Immigration Lawyer -This Consultancy has been working with a Canadian Lawyer for over 10 years. In April 13, 2004, the Canadian Government introduced new rules to ensure that potential immigrants receive quality service from licensed companies by accepting only visa applications from Lawyers who are members of the Canadian Law Society and students-at-law under their supervision; or Immigration Consultants who are members of, and in good standing with the Canadian Society of Immigration Consultants (CSIS). CIC houses one of these lawyers."

This immigration consultant is operating in my country and they are one of the recognized canadian consultancy.

Hope this is clear...