+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can marital status be corrected at POE? Wrong marital status

drdanieldw

Jan 28, 2023
Category........
FSW
Thanks for the clarity.. and yes will let you know if i hear back.. no replies yet..

Even the agent i spoke with asked me why am i not travelling with this copr since all other details are perfectly fine.. but even she couldn't guarantee anything.. my only concern is, all those who landed with this error in the past was before corona.. most of the cases i came across was 2019 2018 or before.. ever since corona, lots of things have changed... so i am sort of hesitating.. but i think if i dont hear back.. i am going to anyways travel as planned.
just incase if you didn't hear anything back, my sources said that you can get it corrected at the PoE with the Immigration officer.
Good luck!

Reactions: CDz

CDz

Jan 25, 2023
Just updating you on 19/02/2023:
As I said earlier, I informed the High Commissioner's Office regarding this clerical error of marital status where they requested to resubmit the passport and COPRs for visa corrections, and I received them yesterday with correct information (it took almost 7 working days for them to reissue)
I hope this helps!
That's great.. thanks for the update.. I've sent mine too.. hoping to receive it in the next few days.

CDz

Jan 25, 2023
just incase if you didn't hear anything back, my sources said that you can get it corrected at the PoE with the Immigration officer.
Good luck!
my application went back to review then submit stage.. n i received the exact same letter requesting for passport submission.. no other instructions.. VFS asked me to add a cover letter stating the reason for submission along with COPR and requested documents.. been a week now.. hoping this time they fix it.. my wife's copr the place of birth is missing but I am not submitting her's .. jst to avoid any other major mistake. this minor one can be fixed at POE

drdanieldw

Jan 28, 2023
Category........
FSW
my application went back to review then submit stage.. n i received the exact same letter requesting for passport submission.. no other instructions.. VFS asked me to add a cover letter stating the reason for submission along with COPR and requested documents.. been a week now.. hoping this time they fix it.. my wife's copr the place of birth is missing but I am not submitting her's .. jst to avoid any other major mistake. this minor one can be fixed at POE
Well, with our scenario, our (my wife's and mine) visa and COPR which we got earlier, got cancelled; both on the passport and in our profile; which were re-issued with new visa and COPR (as in the entire number of the document got changed!).
So I believe, you should let them know about your wife's Place of Birth too, to be on the safer side!

CDz

Jan 25, 2023
Well, with our scenario, our (my wife's and mine) visa and COPR which we got earlier, got cancelled; both on the passport and in our profile; which were re-issued with new visa and COPR (as in the entire number of the document got changed!).
So I believe, you should let them know about your wife's Place of Birth too, to be on the safer side!
but the error was only in your COPR.. u submitted both the passports and COPRs? or just yours

CDz

Jan 25, 2023
Update:

I sent my passport on 12th Feb via VFS for correction.. IRCC received it in 3 days on 15th Feb (since it goes from Kuwait to Abu Dhabi for stamping)..

I had an error in my marital status and my wife's copr - her place of birth was missing. Place of birth being a minor error.. i only sent my copr for correction and avoided sending her's.. I got no updates after 15th for about 2 weeks.. that's wen we assumed that maybe she needs to send her's also.. so she sent her copr and passport on 27th feb.. and as soon as her passport reached IRCC.. we both got updates on the process.. our passports were stamped together and were sent out to VFS on 2nd March.. after which we collected them from VFS.. This time everything was perfect.. no mistakes..

The delay happened because i didnt send out my wife's passport.. her visa sticker was ready on the 22nd Feb itself.. the issue date on her visa is 22nd Feb.. mine is 3rd March.. Which indicates.. they acted on her file first.. in spite of me being the main applicant.. Not sure why is that.. but it might be because we did inform IRCC that her POB is blank.. and that's why a new one was already issued for her too..

its 6th march today.. and i am still waiting for IRCC to update my profile with COPR details.. Weird that we already received the documents but my profile isn't updated...

Mayyah16

Nov 24, 2022
Hello. After how many days did you get your documents back? My husband's CoPR had two errors at place/country of birth. We sent back all document, and included a letter stating the errors. We were intending to fly to London on April 23, but the documents have been received at the IRCC Office 6 days later. (delayed because of Easter). We are anxiously waiting.

Is the re-processing actually faster? Will they actually cancel our CoPR and re-issue our visa and another CoPR document number? Because that looks like a whole new process!