+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can marital status be corrected at POE? Wrong marital status

CDz

Jan 25, 2023
Hello everyone..

I recently received my COPR with error in marital status... it says single instead of married... my wife is added as a dependent, spouse - accompanying at the bottom..
her COPR has the correct status showing married..

I wanted to know if i can travel with this COPR and get it corrected after landing? I have raised web forms but no reply.. I am not finding any other way to contact them directly.. numbers dont work... and they never reply to emails.

Is it ok to travel with this clerical error? what are my options here..

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Hello everyone..

I recently received my COPR with error in marital status... it says single instead of married... my wife is added as a dependent, spouse - accompanying at the bottom..

I wanted to know if i can travel with this COPR and get it corrected after landing? I have raised web forms but no reply.. I am not finding any other way to contact them directly.. numbers dont work... and they never reply to emails.

Yes , it's not that critical since all individual information like date of birth, name , passport details are fine.

They will note and send it for correction and record your landing only after. Correction.

So the best option is to get it corrected before you go

Choice is yours

CDz

Jan 25, 2023
Yes , it's not that critical since all individual information like date of birth, name , passport details are fine.

They will note and send it for correction and record your landing only after. Correction.

Choice is yours
Thank you so much!

drdanieldw

Jan 28, 2023
Category........
FSW
Hello everyone..

Hello,
I receieved by COPR with the same issue as mentioned above; My status shows SINGLE whereas spouse’s shows MARRIED! But with both the COPRs, accompanying spouse is mentioned correclty. Rest all the data are fine and without any other clerical errors.

Advice on where/what to do next?
You mentioned above a web forum! And how can i find that?
Thanks ik advance!

drdanieldw

Jan 28, 2023
Category........
FSW

Choice is yours
How can we correct that clerical error? Insights on the time taken for entire correction period too
Thanks!

CDz

Jan 25, 2023
Hello,
I receieved by COPR with the same issue as mentioned above; My status shows SINGLE whereas spouse’s shows MARRIED! But with both the COPRs, accompanying spouse is mentioned correclty. Rest all the data are fine and without any other clerical errors.

Advice on where/what to do next?
You mentioned above a web forum! And how can i find that?
Thanks ik advance!
You can google IRCC webform ... or follow the below link
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

This usually takes time.. i am unable to find other ways to rectify this faster.. Lemme know if you come across any.
I also tried reaching them on call and finally connected with an agent.. but she ended up saying that my webforms are submitted and we need to wait for the officer to take action

Also, quick question... being the primary applicant.. my COPR has my wife's name as dependent and the words "spouse - accompanying" with it.. but her COPR only has my name under dependent.. it doesn't say "spouse - accompanying" ... is it the same with you? I just want to confirm if that's how it is..

drdanieldw

Jan 28, 2023
Category........
FSW
Thanks for the remedy! I sought advice from a Canadian Immigration Consultant and he also suggested the same. Lets hope this resolves soon. But as per the consultant, its not a big deal because all other data provided is intact; date of birth, name and passport numbers are of much more importance.
I have seen lots of threads regarding similar issue before and wonder what happened with them during first landing!
Anyways, let me know if your clerical error resolves soon.

And to the second query, my wife’s COPR is similar to what you said above; regarding ‘accompanying’.
I believe it may be because the primary applicant can land alone in prior, or together with spouse whereas spouse(dependant) cannot do their landing before the primary applicant.

CDz

Jan 25, 2023
Thanks for the remedy! I sought advice from a Canadian Immigration Consultant and he also suggested the same. Lets hope this resolves soon. But as per the consultant, its not a big deal because all other data provided is intact; date of birth, name and passport numbers are of much more importance.
I have seen lots of threads regarding similar issue before and wonder what happened with them during first landing!
Anyways, let me know if your clerical error resolves soon.

And to the second query, my wife’s COPR is similar to what you said above; regarding ‘accompanying’.
I believe it may be because the primary applicant can land alone in prior, or together with spouse whereas spouse(dependant) cannot do their landing before the primary applicant.
Thanks for the clarity.. and yes will let you know if i hear back.. no replies yet..

Even the agent i spoke with asked me why am i not travelling with this copr since all other details are perfectly fine.. but even she couldn't guarantee anything.. my only concern is, all those who landed with this error in the past was before corona.. most of the cases i came across was 2019 2018 or before.. ever since corona, lots of things have changed... so i am sort of hesitating.. but i think if i dont hear back.. i am going to anyways travel as planned.

drdanieldw

Jan 28, 2023
Category........
FSW
May I know from which country/Visa Office you received your COPR?
I informed my VO and they asked for resubmission of COPR and passport where they will be reissuing these document after correction.
We had to submit all the same along with photographs and request letter through VFS.

CDz

Jan 25, 2023
My
May I know from which country/Visa Office you received your COPR?
I informed my VO and they asked for resubmission of COPR and passport where they will be reissuing these document after correction.
We had to submit all the same along with photographs and request letter through VFS.
My VO in Vancouver.. but since i reside in Kuwait.. stamping is done at the Abu Dhabi office.. i called the Abu Dhabi office long back.. they asked me to get in touch with my VO..

Did you submit any additional letter stating the error or just simply the exact same docs with your COPR?

drdanieldw

Jan 28, 2023
Category........
FSW
So its Abu Dhabi Office. Mine is New Delhi, India. I asked from which of the High Commissioner's Office you received your COPR and stamped passports? ( can be found in the bottom of letter which was sent along the COPR for main applicant)
I emailed them and return I received a call and reply stating passport resubmission.
When are you planning to travel to BC?

CDz

Jan 25, 2023
So its Abu Dhabi Office. Mine is New Delhi, India. I asked from which of the High Commissioner's Office you received your COPR and stamped passports? ( can be found in the bottom of letter which was sent along the COPR for main applicant)
I emailed them and return I received a call and reply stating passport resubmission.
When are you planning to travel to BC?
I found the High Commisioner's office on the letter they sent for stamping request.. it says london .. there is an email id as well. I'll drop them a mail now.. Thank you so much.

I'm planning to land in toronto .. somewhere in may.. How about u?

drdanieldw

Jan 28, 2023
Category........
FSW
I found the High Commisioner's office on the letter they sent for stamping request.. it says london .. there is an email id as well. I'll drop them a mail now.. Thank you so much.

I'm planning to land in toronto .. somewhere in may.. How about u?
Yeah please try the High Commissioner's Office. Its better to be cautious since you're immigrating.
I plan to travel by June end.
Which is your destination city? Mine is Vancouver, but I would like land in Toronto..

CDz

Jan 25, 2023
Yeah please try the High Commissioner's Office. Its better to be cautious since you're immigrating.
I plan to travel by June end.
Which is your destination city? Mine is Vancouver, but I would like land in Toronto..
I wrote to the high commissioner.. hopefully I will receive a reply soon..

my destination city is Ottawa.. but i'll be landing in Toronto.

drdanieldw

Jan 28, 2023
Category........
FSW
Hello everyone..

Just updating you on 19/02/2023:
As I said earlier, I informed the High Commissioner's Office regarding this clerical error of marital status where they requested to resubmit the passport and COPRs for visa corrections, and I received them yesterday with correct information (it took almost 7 working days for them to reissue)
I hope this helps!