+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can Live-in Caregiver who applied for PR leave and re-enter Canada?

Hannia85

Jun 6, 2013
Hi to everyone,I am a live-in caregiver who applied for PR this January. So I am in an implied status.I do have OWP and multiple visa and not expiring passport. My question is - can I leave Canada for vacation for 2-3 weeks and re-enter with no problem? Did anybody do that being in an implied status?I called CIC they told they do not recommend to leave the country being in an implied status and they told me I may ask to reenter Canada on my way back from vacation but it is an immigrant officer who makes a decision. Is there any risk to not be allowed to come back?Thank you.

cutepinay

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2013
Hannia85 said:
Hi to everyone,I am a live-in caregiver who applied for PR this January. So I am in an implied status.I do have OWP and multiple visa and not expiring passport. My question is - can I leave Canada for vacation for 2-3 weeks and re-enter with no problem? Did anybody do that being in an implied status?I called CIC they told they do not recommend to leave the country being in an implied status and they told me I may ask to reenter Canada on my way back from vacation but it is an immigrant officer who makes a decision. Is there any risk to not be allowed to come back?Thank you.

follow what the cic told you ...for me it is not safe to go home in an implied status ...even if you said you already apply for PR with owp and valid visa...it is also a big help or others say your main ticket to come back safely is if you are employed and you have a contract and a letter from your employer who is allowing you to take vacation and assuring the immigration officer that you have a job here that you need to fulfill.

blackeyes28

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-May-15
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11-June-15
IELTS Request
SA 13-July-15
File Transfer...
13-July-15
Med's Request
ECAS in process: 05-Aug-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
(DM & PPR)05-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
19-Feb-16
LANDED..........
31-Mar-16
I am planning to apply for PR/OWP on May 2014 (my 22nd month). And also plans to go home for a 6 week-vacation in the PH on July 2014. That means my application for OWP will still be on process but I will still be working with the same employer.
I also have a multiply entry visa valid until July 2015, work permit valid until July 2015, and my passport is valid till Feb 2017. Of course I will also get a letter from my employer.

Am I good to go? or will it better for me to wait for the OWP? I hope to get insights from you guys. Thank you in advance, God bless!:)

cutepinay

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2013
blackeyes28 said:
I am planning to apply for PR/OWP on May 2014 (my 22nd month). And also plans to go home for a 6 week-vacation in the PH on July 2014. That means my application for OWP will still be on process but I will still be working with the same employer.
I also have a multiply entry visa valid until July 2015, work permit valid until July 2015, and my passport is valid till Feb 2017. Of course I will also get a letter from my employer.

Am I good to go? or will it better for me to wait for the OWP? I hope to get insights from you guys. Thank you in advance, God bless!:)
yes you are good to go ^_^ i am going home this october with my close work permit with my employer ...but i think in a week or 2 i will get my owp ...but whats important as long as you have valid work permit or owp ( anything will do) visa...valid passport and letter from employer you will be okay enjoy kabayan!! :D

blackeyes28

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-May-15
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11-June-15
IELTS Request
SA 13-July-15
File Transfer...
13-July-15
Med's Request
ECAS in process: 05-Aug-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
(DM & PPR)05-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
19-Feb-16
LANDED..........
31-Mar-16
cutepinay said:
yes you are good to go ^_^ i am going home this october with my close work permit with my employer ...but i think in a week or 2 i will get my owp ...but whats important as long as you have valid work permit or owp ( anything will do) visa...valid passport and letter from employer you will be okay enjoy kabayan!! :D
thanks @cutepinay. God bless, ingat and enjoy your vacation:)

notsniw817

Jun 25, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-06-2013
File Transfer...
07-07-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Tomorrow
Passport Req..
Tomorrow
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow
LANDED..........
Tomorrow
Hannia85 said:
Hi!As far as I know your're not under IMPLIED STATUS coz you have valid OWP.Implied Status means your work permit expires but you applied for extension/renewal before your Work pemit/OWP expires and still in process.Your can go for vacation if you do have VALID PASSPORT,OWP,VISA and Employment letter.. Hope it helps..My sister went home 2x while PR in process.

relaxgurl

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 05,2013
AOR Received.
Jun. 2013 (A.i.p Rec.) May21 2014
Yes you can go home and returned on a closed permit or open permit. I went home for more than month.

danecarlisle

Sep 18, 2012
Good day my case is a little different. I have a canada born child and still working as the livein caregiver of my grandma, i was wondering if we can both go on vacation, if my pr is under process and can i still come back with the baby without problems?