+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can landing paper be used as Proof of Canadian residency

Gsingh2016

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Hi there is quick question my immediate family member is residing outside Canada and have valid visa and Copr want to reunite with me... I just landed 2 weeks ago as I read on website my family don’t need any written authorisation but I have not received my PR card yet... Do you guys think airline will accept landing paper instead of PR card as proof of my Canadian permanent residency and let them board in flight

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there is quick question my immediate family member is residing outside Canada and have valid visa and Copr want to reunite with me... I just landed 2 weeks ago as I read on website my family don’t need any written authorisation but I have not received my PR card yet... Do you guys think airline will accept landing paper instead of PR card as proof of my Canadian permanent residency and let them board in flight
Very hard to say because it is often at the discretion of the airline. Would be much safer if you had a PR card or at least book a flight that would be refundable if your family is refused boarding.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Your COPR is a valid immigration document. Are the airlines verifying to restrict to allow only family members? Call them.
May be you can give copy of your passport page which shows entry into Canada and boarding passes you used to prove that you are here.

Gsingh2016

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Your COPR is a valid immigration document. Are the airlines verifying to restrict to allow only family members? Call them.
May be you can give copy of your passport page which shows entry into Canada and boarding passes you used to prove that you are here.
I will send them my Landing record, passport as well and boarding pass of my flight that might be sufficient then.. thanks for your reply

Gsingh2016

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Very hard to say because it is often at the discretion of the airline. Would be much safer if you had a PR card or at least book a flight that would be refundable if your family is refused boarding.
Thanks mate sounds a good idea

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Where did they come from? We’re they able to board on the plane. It is supposed CoPr is not accepted for airlines.
If you note the post at top of page:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-landing-paper-be-used-as-proof-of-canadian-residency.721541/

He refers to family members having visa and copr - it seems that it was their initial landing was referring to. And the question about his copr was because he was already in Canada and had the copr but had not yet received the PR card. (And yes, signed COPR works for this purpose)

[At least I think that's what the situation was, I'm reading between lines]

So if I understand I think your question is different - returning yourself to canada with signed copr instead of PRTD - and I don't know, but expect you will need the prtd. It may depend where you are coming from though.

Reactions: YVR123