+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can Landing be done on Immigration Visa stamped on old Passport?

Neha1801

Nov 20, 2017
Hello Friends,

Request you all here for a response on this urgent query. We have separately written to CIC but haven't received any response so far.

My husband and I both received our Canada Immigration visa last month. We are due to travel for our landing in February. I am the primary applicant.

My husband's passport has only one blank page remaining post the immigration visa stamping. However his passport is valid until 2020. Now he is required to go on an urgent travel abroad, which will utilise the last blank page in his passport. Therefore, he was thinking of applying for a new passport before our landing in Canada. My question is, whether he will be allowed to enter Canada based on the immigration visa stamped in his old passport? He will of course be travelling with both his new and old passports.

Your response on this matter will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Neha1801

Nov 20, 2017
noscaf2014 - Thank you very much for your response.

Wished to let others having a similar query that we received a response from CIC and they also confirmed that we can complete our landing on both old passport (that has the PR visa) and the renewed passport.

saifjack021

Nov 4, 2015
noscaf2014 - Thank you very much for your response.

Wished to let others having a similar query that we received a response from CIC and they also confirmed that we can complete our landing on both old passport (that has the PR visa) and the renewed passport.
Did u land without any issue with both old and new passport? pls confirm it.