+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can Justin Trudeau will reduce citizenship days

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
Diplomatru said:
Canada has the highest rate of naturalization in the world. 85% of PRs become citizens. That being said, the processing time has reached 36 months at some point, which is unacceptable by todays standards of service delivery. In Australia and the USA they grant citizenship in 90 days, so I assume that the 4/6 requirement was implemented to let the understaffed CIC clear the applications' inventory, and it sort of helped, as most files are completed in less than 12 months now (which still leaves room for improvement). However, LPC's platform envisioned running deficit budgets for 36 months, consequently they will start hiring new public servants and CIC's expanded workforce will technically allow to decrease the RO back to 3/4 while keeping the backlog low. Hon. John McCallum said in his speech to the standing committee on bill C24 that he views 4/6 rule as another obstacle to immigrants. So endorsing this sunny waves approach could lead to more happy naturalized citizens meaning more votes for the LPC at the 2018 elections. That's a win-win situation, but the public has to be vocal about this request for the government to take action. I have personally sent a letter to Hon. john McCallum and I urge everyone to join me because he needs our feedback to reform the CIC operations.
This is a good idea to write to the minister. I did last week and to my PM too to urge them to bring back the rule 3/4 years of physical residence. Otherwise to allow for those landed before June 11th 2015 to apply on this rule. We should be positive.

razana

May 15, 2015
I think starting an online petition to bring back the 3/4 years and to reduce the processing time to around or less than 6 months is a better idea than sending letters to him

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
razana said:
I think starting an online petition to bring back the 3/4 years and to reduce the processing time to around or less than 6 months is a better idea than sending letters to him
We can do both, it is better

Voinich

Dec 12, 2015
I as a human rights lawyer think that there are two issues to be addressed by the Petition.

First. I think that the applicants who have been granted PR status under the old rules were treated unfairly by the Harper Government. The new draconian law should have not jeopardized their initial conditions promised by the Canadian legislature. Most of the applicants waiting time for their PR status was delayed. They suffered a lot inconvenience, so did their family. A the end they received their status - with their plans delayed - only to face a new challenge - a new waste of their life time, i.e. 4 years residency with 183 physical residency requirement. This is called an immigration slavery invented by the Harper xenophobic regime. All these PR holders should be treated fairly. They should be rewarded for their patience and loyalty to the PR program advertised by the Government of a democratic nation.

Secondly. The proposed revision should be applied to all those individuals who will apply and who will receive their PR status in the future. The freedom of movement is guaranted by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. We live in 21 century. People can benefit Canada while working outside. No one has the right to question their disloyalty. The current new stage of economic recession - caused by the politicians like Harper and Bush and alike - compels many educated people to look for jobs and opportunities around the world. This does not mean however that they do not intend to be citizens of Canada. They do, but they want to sustain their families, build the financial foundation for their kids and families.

In short, the Harper draconian law was driven by the right wing and as such highly discriminatory political motives, which resemble the Hitler era. They should be not cosmetically revised, but rescinded as inhumane and unfair and inconsistent with the spirit of the Canadian Constitution, values of the many generations of Canadian who made this country great and respected globally.

I totally support and salute your effort to launch a powerful Petition, which should request a savior Justine to rescind the Harper law and restore the previous one which will recruit thousands of new defenders of Canadian foundation against bigots like Harper who caused so much stress and humiliation to Canada both domestically and internationally.

stalintouch

Apr 2, 2011
Voinich said:
I as a human rights lawyer think that there are two issues to be addressed by the Petition.

First. I think that the applicants who have been granted PR status under the old rules were treated unfairly by the Harper Government. The new draconian law should have not jeopardized their initial conditions promised by the Canadian legislature. Most of the applicants waiting time for their PR status was delayed. They suffered a lot inconvenience, so did their family. A the end they received their status - with their plans delayed - only to face a new challenge - a new waste of their life time, i.e. 4 years residency with 183 physical residency requirement. This is called an immigration slavery invented by the Harper xenophobic regime. All these PR holders should be treated fairly. They should be rewarded for their patience and loyalty to the PR program advertised by the Government of a democratic nation.

Secondly. The proposed revision should be applied to all those individuals who will apply and who will receive their PR status in the future. The freedom of movement is guaranted by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. We live in 21 century. People can benefit Canada while working outside. No one has the right to question their disloyalty. The current new stage of economic recession - caused by the politicians like Harper and Bush and alike - compels many educated people to look for jobs and opportunities around the world. This does not mean however that they do not intend to be citizens of Canada. They do, but they want to sustain their families, build the financial foundation for their kids and families.

In short, the Harper draconian law was driven by the right wing and as such highly discriminatory political motives, which resemble the Hitler era. They should be not cosmetically revised, but rescinded as inhumane and unfair and inconsistent with the spirit of the Canadian Constitution, values of the many generations of Canadian who made this country great and respected globally.

I totally support and salute your effort to launch a powerful Petition, which should request a savior Justine to rescind the Harper law and restore the previous one which will recruit thousands of new defenders of Canadian foundation against bigots like Harper who caused so much stress and humiliation to Canada both domestically and internationally.
Very well said

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
Im so disappointed... I was set to apply for Citizenship last yr as I have been in Canada for 10 yrs prior to doing my landing and now I have to wait till 2018... my daughter and dog are both citizens..!!