Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
21/11/2011 Passport Request!!!
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!! :)
I am a Canadian citizen born who is married to my wife of ecuadorian decent.

I live in Canada with our but, at this moment I am in Ecuador on vacation with him.

I want to sponsor her,so I need to apply as a sponsor from "inside Canada" package.

My son and I want to wait with my wife my son's mother for the whole process here in Ecuador.

Can I fill the "inside Canada" application forms and send the application forms from outside of Canada?

Or, does the "inside Canada" sponsorship application package have to be mailed from a Canadian address?

I really need a solution.

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
"In Canada" or "Inland" sponsorship means the person you are sponsoring lives IN Canada.

Carlo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Recieved!
AOR Received.
Recieved!
File Transfer...
Done!
Med's Request
Recieved
Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
I understand that part, but I am here in Ecuador so I want to avoid having to go back to Canada just to send application forms and spend unnecessary cash on a plane ticket.

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
You can't file an inland application if you or your spouse is living outside of Canada. You will have to return with your spouse to Canada to live and THEN apply. If you want to apply with an outland application you can do that from Ecuador, but as the Canadian sponsor you will have to prove that you will return to Canada.

konstantinos

Feb 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
LANDED..........
12 MAY 2011
Carlo, sponsoring your wife does not only mean
Carlo said:
just to send application forms
your wife will have to be in canada, not only to post the application, but ALL the time her case will be in process. Hope that helps

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
If you apply "inside Canada" the applicant is expected to remain in Canada at all times during the application process. Even a short trip outside of Canada during the process could be a problem. You should be available in Canada on short notice if an interview is required. They could even drop the whole thing if they find you coming back from a trip outside Canada.

I think the "outside Canada" process would be much better for your situation, and probably much faster too. It's possible to stay in Canada during an outside application, as long as you have valid temporary visitor status.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Carlo said:
I am a Canadian citizen born who is married to my wife of ecuadorian decent.

I live in Canada with our but, at this moment I am in Ecuador on vacation with him.

I want to sponsor her,so I need to apply as a sponsor from "inside Canada" package.
Your wife lives in Ecuador, right? If she lives in Ecuador, you have to apply to sponsor her using the 'outland' / 'outside Canada' application. The 'inland' or 'inside Canada' application is only used if your wife is in Canada. Even if she were in Canada, she could still apply 'outland', which is usually faster.
My son and I want to wait with my wife my son's mother for the whole process here in Ecuador.
Therefore use the 'outland' application. Your wife will be in Ecuador, so you can't use the 'inland' application.
Can I fill the "inside Canada" application forms and send the application forms from outside of Canada?

Or, does the "inside Canada" sponsorship application package have to be mailed from a Canadian address?
The 'inside Canada' application can be mailed from anywhere, but it is not the right application for you to fill out.

Carlo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Recieved!
AOR Received.
Recieved!
File Transfer...
Done!
Med's Request
Recieved
Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Your wife lives in Ecuador, right? If she lives in Ecuador, you have to apply to sponsor her using the 'outland' / 'outside Canada' application. The 'inland' or 'inside Canada' application is only used if your wife is in Canada. Even if she were in Canada, she could still apply 'outland', which is usually faster.
It doesn't matter if I have an address in Montreal? As a Canadian citizen, can I put down my Ecuadorian address on the application forms???

When I apply with the "outland" application forms, do I put my residential and mailing address here in Ecuador or Montreal?

I want to to apply, but these little problems are not allowing me to start.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You are the Canadian citizen. Your wife is the foreigner. Right?
If your wife is not in Canada, she has to use the 'outland' forms. You can put your Ecuadorian address or your Montreal address on the forms. If you are living in Ecuador, not just visiting, you can say the address in Ecuador is your residential address. You can use it as your mailing address too. If the postal service in Ecuador is bad, you can also use your Montreal address as your mailing address, if you want, as long as someone is there who can collect the mail and send it to you.
If you feel you are just 'visiting',, put your Montreal address as your residential address. You can always attach a letter to the forms explaining your situation and giving both addresses.

Note: if you are living in Ecuador, then you also have to provide evidence that you will move back to Canada when your wife gets her PR visa.

Carlo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Recieved!
AOR Received.
Recieved!
File Transfer...
Done!
Med's Request
Recieved
Med's Done....
2011-04-15
Interview........
No!!!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
You are the Canadian citizen. Your wife is the foreigner. Right?
If your wife is not in Canada, she has to use the 'outland' forms. You can put your Ecuadorian address or your Montreal address on the forms. If you are living in Ecuador, not just visiting, you can say the address in Ecuador is your residential address. You can use it as your mailing address too. If the postal service in Ecuador is bad, you can also use your Montreal address as your mailing address, if you want, as long as someone is there who can collect the mail and send it to you.
If you feel you are just 'visiting',, put your Montreal address as your residential address. You can always attach a letter to the forms explaining your situation and giving both addresses.

Note: if you are living in Ecuador, then you also have to provide evidence that you will move back to Canada when your wife gets her PR visa.

I want to thank you so much for your great answer Canadianwoman :D. You have answered what has been basically been stopping me from applying. If I have any further questions, I surely will not hesitate to ask you.

Thank you again :)