+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I work while waiting for the extension of BOWP?

Tiaa

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Hi guys,

Can I work while I am waiting for the result of my BOWP? What will happen if my application got rejected and I am still working?

Reactions: Tophele

Adpr

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi guys,

Can I work while I am waiting for the result of my BOWP? What will happen if my application got rejected and I am still working?
You can work full time while waiting for the result of your Bowp application. This particular period of work while your bowp is being processed is called implied status.

Please note your bowp application will be rejected if you have not attached the aor along with the application. Pnp candidates also have to attach the provincial nominee certificate to their application to avoid rejection.

If your pgwp has expired and you are on implied bowp status and if the bowp is rejected then you will be out of status in canada.

You need to stop working the day you receive the bowp rejection and apply for a visitors visa.

The visitors visa will allow you to stay in canada but you cant work.

Applying for bowp without getting a nomination or ita guarantees rejection.

If you keep working in canada after your pgwp expires and bowp is rejected is a aerious offence .

It could jepordise your pr application and you may be deported.

Reactions: Tophele

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
You can work full time while waiting for the result of your Bowp application. This particular period of work while your bowp is being processed is called implied status.

Please note your bowp application will be rejected if you have not attached the aor along with the application. Pnp candidates also have to attach the provincial nominee certificate to their application to avoid rejection.

If your pgwp has expired and you are on implied bowp status and if the bowp is rejected then you will be out of status in canada.

You need to stop working the day you receive the bowp rejection and apply for a visitors visa.

The visitors visa will allow you to stay in canada but you cant work.

Applying for bowp without getting a nomination or ita guarantees rejection.

If you keep working in canada after your pgwp expires and bowp is rejected is a aerious offence .

It could jepordise your pr application and you may be deported.
It depends on whether the BOWP application is "refused", or if it's "returned as incomplete". In the first case, "implied status" was present. In the second case, it's as if the application was not submitted and there never was "implied status".