+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I work while waiting for the decision

Canada_soon2014

Jan 2, 2016
Let say if I am being reported while entering to Canada due to the breach of my RO's

While I am waiting for my appeal process, and let say process takes more than 12 months. If I work through out those 12 months doesn it mean I can use that experience for re-applying immigration in future in case my appeal is going to be declined?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada_soon2014 said:
Let say if I am being reported while entering to Canada due to the breach of my RO's

While I am waiting for my appeal process, and let say process takes more than 12 months. If I work through out those 12 months doesn it mean I can use that experience for re-applying immigration in future in case my appeal is going to be declined?
You can work while waiting for the decision and it will likely take more than 12 months. As long as the application does not specify what kind of work permit you should have been on and as far as I know, it doesn't, you could use the 1 year work experience to apply under Canadian experience class as long as it was skilled work. It is up to you to prove that it was skilled, for example by a letter from your employer listing your job duties and showing that they match a job that is classified as skilled.

Canada_soon2014

Jan 2, 2016
Leon said:
You can work while waiting for the decision and it will likely take more than 12 months.
Is there any confirm timeline how long does it take for the final decision to come through?
Is there any process time given somewhere on CIC website?
I am trying to ensure, if reported it is definitely going to take more than 12 months

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada_soon2014 said:
Is there any confirm timeline how long does it take for the final decision to come through?
Is there any process time given somewhere on CIC website?
I am trying to ensure, if reported it is definitely going to take more than 12 months
As far as I know there is no guarantee that it must take more than 12 months but we have been hearing people talk about 1-2 years and I have even heard of cases taking as long as 3-4 years.