+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I work remotely From India

Dec 15, 2021
Hi,

I have joined one MNC company and I have open work permit. Can I work remotely from India for 2 months. Does it affect my PR process later. Please give your suggestions.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I have joined one MNC company and I have open work permit. Can I work remotely from India for 2 months. Does it affect my PR process later. Please give your suggestions.
Yes if your employer allows you to work remotely it’s fine. Your time abroad will not count as Canadian work hours. If you only recently started working and qualifying for provincial healthcare coverage you may not meet the residency requirement to receive healthcare. You would have to reapply and you could be asked to repay any services you used. What province do you live in? When did you apply for provincial healthcare?

Reactions: YVR123

JuniorJ

Dec 5, 2020
Hi @canuck78
I am in a similar situation, i am currently on BOWP and employed with a Canadian employer. I want to travel to my home country and work from there for some time. Just wanted to make sure if there are no issues later on, could you please share the source/link of your info ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi @canuck78
I am in a similar situation, i am currently on BOWP and employed with a Canadian employer. I want to travel to my home country and work from there for some time. Just wanted to make sure if there are no issues later on, could you please share the source/link of your info ?
There is no issue as long as your employer approves you to work from your home country.

Note that this work experience will be counted as foreign work experience and not Canadian work experience for the purposes of PR.

JuniorJ

Dec 5, 2020
There is no issue as long as your employer approves you to work from your home country.

Note that this work experience will be counted as foreign work experience and not Canadian work experience for the purposes of PR.
Thank for the help !