+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I work on cash/etransfer for snow shovelling on work permit?

Shawaiz

May 18, 2020
I am on open work permit. Can I shovel snow for my senior neighbors in return for cash ? Is it a violation of any rule? Any consequences

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agreed.

Further to that, which doesn't apply here, it's a bit disheartening to know that if a person chose to shovel the snow without compensation...and if that person did not have authorization to `work' in Canada, they could be found to have worked illegally. This is because a person without authorization to work in Canada cannot even volunteer if it is something that a person (with authorization) would normally be paid to do.

Shawaiz

May 18, 2020
Agreed.

Further to that, which doesn't apply here, it's a bit disheartening to know that if a person chose to shovel the snow without compensation...and if that person did not have authorization to `work' in Canada, they could be found to have worked illegally. This is because a person without authorization to work in Canada cannot even volunteer if it is something that a person (with authorization) would normally be paid to do.
Thank you for your reply. Can I also own a vending machine? Does it come under self employment?