+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I work in Montreal and live in Ontario (near border) on OINP

wadhwach

Jul 30, 2019
I have an Ontario PNP which has been converted to PR. I intend to live in Ontario (near the border Quebec) and work from Montreal as I have a job offer from there. Is there going to be any problem in doing so?

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
I have an Ontario PNP which has been converted to PR. I intend to live in Ontario (near the border Quebec) and work from Montreal as I have a job offer from there. Is there going to be any problem in doing so?
sure you can do it.
just remember Montreal downtown is like an hour. where do you live? where do you think to live? please, don' t respond, just to guide you.
There is a train, you could commute.
exo1 Vaudreuil-Hudson
https://exo.quebec/en/trip-planner/train/vaudreuil–hudson

As a Permanent Resident, you can live and work any where in Canada. Just keep you Ontario's health care for 3 years, then you could ask for Quebec's Health care (Maladie).

wadhwach

Jul 30, 2019
sure you can do it.
just remember Montreal downtown is like an hour. where do you live? where do you think to live? please, don' t respond, just to guide you.
There is a train, you could commute.
exo1 Vaudreuil-Hudson
https://exo.quebec/en/trip-planner/train/vaudreuil–hudson

As a Permanent Resident, you can live and work any where in Canada. Just keep you Ontario's health care for 3 years, then you could ask for Quebec's Health care (Maladie).
Thanks @mpsqra . The only issue I have is, I have an Ontario PNP nominated PR. Most of the blogs I have read, mention 'live' but none of them segregate WORK and STAY. Will staying in Ontario (say Ottawa) and working in Montreal have issues on the OINP-PR Visa?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks @mpsqra . The only issue I have is, I have an Ontario PNP nominated PR. Most of the blogs I have read, mention 'live' but none of them segregate WORK and STAY. Will staying in Ontario (say Ottawa) and working in Montreal have issues on the OINP-PR Visa?
If you are PR now then it is not an issue.

Reactions: mpsqra

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
the most important issue is to live withing Canada as much as you can while you are permanent resident, than apply for the citizenship.
read the Ontario PNP conditions to see any,,,
for intance when you apply for Québec, you most live at least 6 months within Québec.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you still applying for OINPr have you landed? Montreal is fairly far away from Ontario so unless you can work remotely the majority of the time living in Ottawa and commuting to Montreal is not a great plan.