+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I work full time once my coop and semester got graded on portal in 1+1 courses ?

Harkaran2512

May 21, 2024
I was enrolled in HRM September 2023 intake Niagara college Toronto campus and I have completed my final end term exams on 20th April,2024 and also completed as well as graded with my co-op on 13th May,2024 on portal but the college will issue letter of completion in July 2024.Also I got LOA for my next course in conestoga college Kitchener downtown for September intake. Can I do full time work in this time (June to August) ? Please do let me know.

forevermore76

Star Member
May 19, 2024
I was enrolled in HRM September 2023 intake Niagara college Toronto campus and I have completed my final end term exams on 20th April,2024 and also completed as well as graded with my co-op on 13th May,2024 on portal but the college will issue letter of completion in July 2024.Also I got LOA for my next course in conestoga college Kitchener downtown for September intake. Can I do full time work in this time (June to August) ? Please do let me know.
Do you have to apply for a study permit extension?

Harkaran2512

May 21, 2024
My current study permit is valid till Dec 31 ,2024 so I have enough time to apply for a new study permit extension.

Harkaran2512

May 21, 2024
But some are saying that you have to wait for letter of completion after that you can work full time till the next course starts… but if I wait for the completion letter .. then only I left with 1 month August, all my these 3 months got waste as per 20 hours work limit, so is that true or not ? Please help me out in this

forevermore76

Star Member
May 19, 2024
But some are saying that you have to wait for letter of completion after that you can work full time till the next course starts… but if I wait for the completion letter .. then only I left with 1 month August, all my these 3 months got waste as per 20 hours work limit, so is that true or not ? Please help me out in this
I'm assuming you are talking about 2 different programs which you are doing - 1 you have completed and 2nd you have been accepted in to and enrolled. If this is the case, in theory you have to leave Canada and reapply for a new study permit as you don't have status after you have graduated unless you have applied for a PGWP.

Applying for a study permit extension puts you in implied status under which you maintain your status at least until a decision is made. This allows you to work full time.

Now, if you are referring to same program and your next course for the "same program" is in Fall, you don't need to do anything and are allowed to work full time until start of school year. You will however have to apply for a student permit extension if you need more time to finish your degree/diploma/certificate.

Last edited:

Harkaran2512

May 21, 2024
Yes I’m talking about two different programs from two different colleges. Currently program, it got graded on portal but waiting for completion letter and second program in another college starts in fall intake.