+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i work and cover my tuition fees in canada ?!!help me please

fozya

Apr 23, 2013
hello I would like to immigrate to canada but I'm not a skilled worker
I'm a 25 years old I was born and grow up in Saudi Arabia and my parents are from Nigeria
I finished my Bachelor in English literature and I want to get a student visa since I can't immigrate under skilled worker
I can afford 20000$ for my first year in canada but can I get a job and cover the rest till I become a permanent resident and then citizenship
advise me please

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You should assume that you will not be able to cover your tuition and expenses by working while you study. You won't be able to start working off campus until you have completed six months of studies. And even then, you will be limited to working 20 hours a week and likely at minimum wage.

If you can only afford one year of tuition then I would suggest that you apply for a program that is only one year in length.

I think it would be terrible to spend so much money to come here only to run out of money part way through your studies and be forced to return home.

If you can't afford it - look for other options to immigrate.

Good luck.

BadshahIqbal

Nov 2, 2012
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 01 2015 / Received on Feb 05 2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 08 2015
Nomination.....
Jan 02 2015
AOR Received.
Apr 24 2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Jun 03 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 23 2015
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 20 2012
fozya said:
I'm a 25 years old I was born and grow up in Saudi Arabia and my parents are from Nigeria
I finished my Bachelor in English literature and I want to get a student visa since I can't immigrate under skilled worker
I can afford 20000$ for my first year in canada but can I get a job and cover the rest till I become a permanent resident and then citizenship
advise me please
Hi Fozya

I read your post. You can actually work and pay the rest to complete your course. But you will have to take a break in between your 2 year course and work continuously for the break.

I can explain this

You come here with a 2 year course. Study continuously for 8 months and get the social insurance number (work permit). Once you are done with 8 months (2 semesters). You probably will be get a break of 4 month (Depends on course and college). If not consult the college and request for a 4 months break. You are allowed to work full time during your break.

I know many students who actually took break and earned money for paying their fee.

Hope this helps

Regards

Reactions: Yousaf7

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Hi,

You're can work full-time only on scheduled break. Not a break which you take by your choice.

I will suggest you to apply for any 1 year program in Saskatchewan.
1 year fees- $11500.
After one year studies, you'll be granted 1 year post graduate work permit.
Work for 6 months any job on work permit to apply for Permanent residency under PNP program.

Good Luck.

Nadeem_jee

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2010
U.A.E
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2010
Doc's Request.
30-04-2010
Nomination.....
00-00-00
AOR Received.
30-04-2010/1st AOR
IELTS Request
01-04-2010
File Transfer...
9-06-2010/25-08-2010 2nd AOR
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
00-00-00
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
fozya said:
advise me please
Look for NBCC

Their year fees is very cheap comparing to all the colleges in canada.... their 2 years courses fees are just 12000$ they have 6 campuses all over newbrunswick..... though number of jobs less there but atleast if u get an odd job your fees load is less and you can get a 3 years PGWP after ur 2 year of studies and u can go then to Ontario or other states to do job.....

the most favourable city which i feel in Newbrusnwick is Moncton.... you can see in which campus of NBCC your best course are.....
you can go to their website
www.nbcc.ca

college is Public and in the list of participating institute.... annual fees for international students are just 6000$ and 3000$ per term its very reasonable..... Paying so much fees still u do not have idea that u wil get proper job during studies.. its better to go to a place which is cheaper and even if u do not get proper job or no job during studies so at least u can pay fees

here is the link of nbcc story
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7T2hfMTsyY

and here is their 5 years stratagic plan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrcfegleu4

here is the college website
http://www.nbcc.ca/en/home/default.aspx

here is the link from CIC website which shows the participating Institute u can see in newbrunswick the college name is mention there

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp#nb

hope it will help u

tanvirmustan

Dec 14, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS-Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-3-13
Doc's Request.
3-3-13
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
6-3-13
Med's Request
21-3-13
Med's Done....
23-3-13
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
15-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
24-4-13
Thank You Brother for your information .
I heard from some of guys , they do illegal jobs (more than 20hrs/week ) ,
is it true ?

BadshahIqbal said:
Hi Fozya

I read your post. You can actually work and pay the rest to complete your course. But you will have to take a break in between your 2 year course and work continuously for the break.

I can explain this

You come here with a 2 year course. Study continuously for 8 months and get the social insurance number (work permit). Once you are done with 8 months (2 semesters). You probably will be get a break of 4 month (Depends on course and college). If not consult the college and request for a 4 months break. You are allowed to work full time during your break.

I know many students who actually took break and earned money for paying their fee.

Hope this helps

Regards

Reactions: Galib

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
canadian edu is not a cake walk , u get pounded by assignments , which form a great % of ur final score 40-50 %
its not easy to work part tym nd keep ur grades up , especially in professional courses , like masters , mba , msc. its possible many do it but v diff .

Nadeem_jee

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2010
U.A.E
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2010
Doc's Request.
30-04-2010
Nomination.....
00-00-00
AOR Received.
30-04-2010/1st AOR
IELTS Request
01-04-2010
File Transfer...
9-06-2010/25-08-2010 2nd AOR
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
00-00-00
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
tanvirmustan said:
Thank You Brother for your information .
I heard from some of guys , they do illegal jobs (more than 20hrs/week ) ,
is it true ?
Congrats tanvirmustan for ur visa.. u get it 3 days agoooo great..

Galib

Jun 13, 2017
Please tell me . Can I manage my tuition fees from my part time work in university of manitoba ?

Galib

Jun 13, 2017
I know that.
But I want to know can I manage my tuition fees and living costs from this job.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I know that.
No, there is pretty much no way you will be able to pay tuition and living expenses. You need to have enough saved before you come to Canada or someone else supporting you.

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
I know that.
its impossible. unless your program has a co-op/internship term. Even with that its a bit of a stretch

Maxmaro

Mar 8, 2020
NOC Code......
Please, explain better... when the program has a co-op/intership.... how possible is it between 1-10 rating...