+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i walk in to Canadian Consulate in New york for VISIT VISA

Thoma_Kerala

Aug 18, 2012
I'm from India, currently residing in Chicago.I have an important need to visit Canada soon.
I would like to walk in to Canadian consulate in (NEW YORK) to submit my visit visa application and if possible collect my passport the same day after visa is stamped.

I'm seeing contradicting information in the website regarding walk-in for VISIT Visa.

one link

canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/visas/index.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

says - Visit Visa cannot be applied in person. only through mail.

another
canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/visas/apply-how_a_demande-comment.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

says - walk in on Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 10:30 am

Has any one walked in for a VISIT visa application to New York office this month? I tried calling and mailing consulate multiple times but they never responded.

If not New york, is there any Canadian consulates in USA where I can go in person for a VISIT VISA?[/b]

please post your answers.

Thank you.

gak9

Aug 14, 2012
Yes you can. you can submit the applications between 8am to 10.30 am. Go early before 8 am. But if you submit in person, you normally get the passport the next day, or visa officer may tell to check the status after 2 weeks(i heard these kind of cases also).

Thoma_Kerala

Aug 18, 2012
I got a response from embassy.

The Consulate will only accept applications by mail or in person.

Applications submitted in person may take 30 days to process, depending on the circumstances of the individual application. No appointment is necessary.

Effective June 13, 2011 our new hours of operation:

Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 10:30 am

Mail-in applications will usually be processed in 30 working days of receipt, excluding mailing time. However, individual processing may take longer, depending on the circumstances. Please allow additional time for statutory holidays. Please note that applicants who mail in their applications may require an interview at our office before a decision is made regarding their application.

charupujari

Jun 20, 2010
Thoma_Kerala said:
I got a response from embassy.

The Consulate will only accept applications by mail or in person.

Applications submitted in person may take 30 days to process, depending on the circumstances of the individual application. No appointment is necessary.

Effective June 13, 2011 our new hours of operation:

Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 10:30 am

Mail-in applications will usually be processed in 30 working days of receipt, excluding mailing time. However, individual processing may take longer, depending on the circumstances. Please allow additional time for statutory holidays. Please note that applicants who mail in their applications may require an interview at our office before a decision is made regarding their application.

Hi Thomas

Did you get your visa ?

Please let us know!