+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I visit as a visitor when my outland PR application is being processed?

VanHua

Nov 7, 2018
Hi there, I am curious if it is easier for me to apply to visit my husband who is living in Canada. I am currently unemployed and had an H and C application, a study permit refused in the past. It was impossible for me to come back after I left Canada (voluntarily) when my H and C application declined. I am now under the spouse-sponsorship application. Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there, I am curious if it is easier for me to apply to visit my husband who is living in Canada. I am currently unemployed and had an H and C application, a study permit refused in the past. It was impossible for me to come back after I left Canada (voluntarily) when my H and C application declined. I am now under the spouse-sponsorship application. Thank you.
It makes it harder.

With your immigration history, there is really zero chance a TRV will be approved. I would very strongly recommend against applying for one. It could in fact cause problems for your spousal sponsorship application by making it look like you are desperate to find any way to get to Canada and make IRCC concerned you have entered into a marriage of convenience to get status in Canada.

VanHua

Nov 7, 2018
It makes it harder.

With your immigration history, there is really zero chance a TRV will be approved. I would very strongly recommend against applying for one. It could in fact cause problems for your spousal sponsorship application by making it look like you are desperate to find any way to get to Canada and make IRCC concerned you have entered into a marriage of convenience to get status in Canada.
I understand and thank you for your advice.