+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I use my WES Evaluation to seek admission in a Canadian University?

relocated

Apr 27, 2013
I am Pakistani Lecturer currently teaching in Saudi Arabia. I am a mother of 3 children and the principal applicant.

I have recently obtained my ECA from WES. As I had a 2 year B.Sc., Master in English Literature and Master in Applied Linguistics from Pakistan, they evaluated me to be equal to a Canadian 4 year Bachelor program.

I am yet to lodge my application after 2 weeks for FSWP 4011. Before working out for my immigration process I had been planning for a distance doctoral qualification from the UK. However, now I deemed it to be unlikely and started contemplating an online Masters program from University of British Columbia.

The reason for this plan is that I already have the ECA from WES, plus I am a mother of 3 school going kids too. To play my safer bet for immigration, I am thinking that if I am offered immigration, then voila! The Canadian Qualification will come in handy. If , god forbid , the application is refused because of any ground, I will still have a master's degree.

When I contacted University of British Columbia for Master in Education Technology, which is an online qualification, they want original documents to be sent by HEC. Since we had to make a special visit from Saudi to Islamabad for WES I was wondering if I could use WES evaluation for UBC too. But they have refused to accept the WES evaluation.

Can I not use WES evaluation for any other purpose other than immigration to canada?

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

relocated said:
I am Pakistani Lecturer currently teaching in Saudi Arabia. I am a mother of 3 children and the principal applicant.

I have recently obtained my ECA from WES. As I had a 2 year B.Sc., Master in English Literature and Master in Applied Linguistics from Pakistan, they evaluated me to be equal to a Canadian 4 year Bachelor program.

I am yet to lodge my application after 2 weeks for FSWP 4011. Before working out for my immigration process I had been planning for a distance doctoral qualification from the UK. However, now I deemed it to be unlikely and started contemplating an online Masters program from University of British Columbia.

The reason for this plan is that I already have the ECA from WES, plus I am a mother of 3 school going kids too. To play my safer bet for immigration, I am thinking that if I am offered immigration, then voila! The Canadian Qualification will come in handy. If , god forbid , the application is refused because of any ground, I will still have a master's degree.

When I contacted University of British Columbia for Master in Education Technology, which is an online qualification, they want original documents to be sent by HEC. Since we had to make a special visit from Saudi to Islamabad for WES I was wondering if I could use WES evaluation for UBC too. But they have refused to accept the WES evaluation.

Can I not use WES evaluation for any other purpose other than immigration to canada?

Its useless for university admission. And, its not even required for immigration to Canada.

sachinleo80

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
I am also planning to apply under NOC 4011 - University lecturer. I have gathered all the required documents along with proof of funds, English test and ECA reports. However the ECA report I received mentions my MSc degree is equivalent in Canada is 4 years BSc degree!!

I have completed my BSc (3 Years), B.Ed (1 Year) and MSc (2 Years) with distinction grades in all the exams from Indian Unviversity. I also have 6 years experience in the same field.

My query is - Am I still eligible to apply under FSW even my ECA report shows my MSc degree is equivalent as Canadian BSc degree?? Please let me know your responses on urgent basis as I have very little time remaining to send my documents. Your help is much appreciated.

tristam15

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I am also planning to apply under NOC 4011 - University lecturer. I have gathered all the required documents along with proof of funds, English test and ECA reports. However the ECA report I received mentions my MSc degree is equivalent in Canada is 4 years BSc degree!!

I have completed my BSc (3 Years), B.Ed (1 Year) and MSc (2 Years) with distinction grades in all the exams from Indian Unviversity. I also have 6 years experience in the same field.

My query is - Am I still eligible to apply under FSW even my ECA report shows my MSc degree is equivalent as Canadian BSc degree?? Please let me know your responses on urgent basis as I have very little time remaining to send my documents. Your help is much appreciated.
Can you update what happened finally in your situation?