+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I use my WES Evaluation to seek admission in a Canadian University?

relocated

Apr 27, 2013
I have recently obtained my ECA from WES. As I had a 2 year B.Sc., Master in English Literature and Master in Applied Linguistics from Pakistan, they evaluated me to be equal to a Canadian 4 year Bachelor program.

I am yet to lodge my application after 2 weeks for FSWP 4011. Before working out for my immigration process I had been planning for a distance doctoral qualification from the UK. However, now I deemed it to be unlikely and started contemplating an online Masters program from University of British Columbia.

The reason for this plan is that I already have the ECA from WES, plus I am a mother of 3 school going kids too. To play my safer bet for immigration, I am thinking that if I am offered immigration, then voila! The Canadian Qualification will come in handy. If , god forbid , the application is refused because of any ground, I will still have a master's degree.

When I contacted University of British Columbia for Master in Education Technology, which is an online qualification, they want original documents to be sent by HEC. Since we had to make a special visit from Saudi to Islamabad for WES I was wondering if I could use WES evaluation for UBC too. But they have refused to accept the WES evaluation.

Can I not use WES evaluation for any other purpose other than immigration to canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
To the best of my knowledge WES isn't accepted by Canadian universities for admissions. They want to see your original transcripts / educational documents.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
relocated said:
I have recently obtained my ECA from WES. As I had a 2 year B.Sc., Master in English Literature and Master in Applied Linguistics from Pakistan, they evaluated me to be equal to a Canadian 4 year Bachelor program.

I am yet to lodge my application after 2 weeks for FSWP 4011. Before working out for my immigration process I had been planning for a distance doctoral qualification from the UK. However, now I deemed it to be unlikely and started contemplating an online Masters program from University of British Columbia.

The reason for this plan is that I already have the ECA from WES, plus I am a mother of 3 school going kids too. To play my safer bet for immigration, I am thinking that if I am offered immigration, then voila! The Canadian Qualification will come in handy. If , god forbid , the application is refused because of any ground, I will still have a master's degree.

When I contacted University of British Columbia for Master in Education Technology, which is an online qualification, they want original documents to be sent by HEC. Since we had to make a special visit from Saudi to Islamabad for WES I was wondering if I could use WES evaluation for UBC too. But they have refused to accept the WES evaluation.

Can I not use WES evaluation for any other purpose other than immigration to canada?
I agree with scylla that "WES report" cannot be used for university application/admission, but WES has another "solution" for that.

WES has an optional service to "store" your original transcripts for 10 years for a fee - and they can forward copies later to any educational institute or licensing body within canada (whenever you ask them to) for another additional fee - this option is not available for you if you have done ECA for FSWP purposes - however if you did ECA for other purposes (Licensing/Educational purposes) then at the time you place your order - you will have the possibility to choose that option. It is very convenient in my opinion for many reasons ...say for example if you planned to apply for 5 different universities to increase your chances of getting admission...it would frustrate your home country university to have to issue 5 new transcripts and forward each one to a different address...

I have done ECA for "other purposes" (not for FSWP application) and have paid the fee to have my transcripts stored for 10 years...so far i didn't use it for university admission as i don't have a plan for further studies at the moment - so i cannot confirm 100% that it works...but logically it should as WES is a recognized organization in canada, and universities should trust their services.

My advice to you would be to explore that option with WES...contact them and see if they still have your transcripts then maybe you could place a new order and have them store it and forward it to as many universities as you want.

Reactions: longvh

Liss

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-09-2015
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
09-01-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
emamabd said:
I agree with scylla that "WES report" cannot be used for university application/admission, but WES has another "solution" for that.

WES has an optional service to "store" your original transcripts for 10 years for a fee - and they can forward copies later to any educational institute or licensing body within canada (whenever you ask them to) for another additional fee - this option is not available for you if you have done ECA for FSWP purposes - however if you did ECA for other purposes (Licensing/Educational purposes) then at the time you place your order - you will have the possibility to choose that option. It is very convenient in my opinion for many reasons ...say for example if you planned to apply for 5 different universities to increase your chances of getting admission...it would frustrate your home country university to have to issue 5 new transcripts and forward each one to a different address...

I have done ECA for "other purposes" (not for FSWP application) and have paid the fee to have my transcripts stored for 10 years...so far i didn't use it for university admission as i don't have a plan for further studies at the moment - so i cannot confirm 100% that it works...but logically it should as WES is a recognized organization in canada, and universities should trust their services.

My advice to you would be to explore that option with WES...contact them and see if they still have your transcripts then maybe you could place a new order and have them store it and forward it to as many universities as you want.
I chose to use WES for my ECA under FSWP because of their option of storage of transcripts but I did not know that the option is not available for FSWP applicants. Is it possible to have this corrected?

I had planned to buy the storage option until I saw your post.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Liss said:
I chose to use WES for my ECA under FSWP because of their option of storage of transcripts but I did not know that the option is not available for FSWP applicants. Is it possible to have this corrected?

I had planned to buy the storage option until I saw your post.
Maybe they changed it, i have done that process last year in may (2013) - and i had a friend who did FSWP ECA at the same time and he did not have that option available at the time.

If its available now, then do it for sure..you will benefit from it in future!

Zandra

Dec 29, 2019
It’s Affordable: In the United States, ICAP costs $45 USD for in-progress evaluations and $80 USD for completed evaluations. In Canada, ICAP costs $35 CAD for in-progress evaluations and $100 CAD for completed evaluations. (If you order an Educational Credential Assessment for Canadian immigration purposes, please note that ICAP is already included in the price of this report.)....it states clearly that if you ordered for canada immigration ICAP is part of the purchase, how do i process this, i want my transcript sent to a University