+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAN I USE my same study permit for may 21 Intake

Akchauhan

Jan 2, 2021
I went to Victoria Canada in September 2020 and came back due to mental health deterioration caused due to 14 day quarantine and not understanding online studies as it was new for me . Filed my refund on Oct 9 from college and later came back ( my permit expires in 2022 ) . So i decided to go back , this time in same college in Montreal which my friend is enrolled. I applied for my CAQ on November 9 and its been over 50 days I haven't received it . The government suspended CAQ's. Now ill lose my Jan 21 intake . I wanted to know if i will face any problems if ill re enter in May intake, Will my same study permit work?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So did you start your studies in September and withdrew from your program. Your school should have notified IRCC to cancel your study permit since you were no longer a student. What college did you apply to? If one of the suspended colleges then your application will not be processed. You need a CAQ to attend university or college in Quebec, and your study permit probably is no longer valid.

Akchauhan

Jan 2, 2021
So did you start your studies in September and withdrew from your program. Your school should have notified IRCC to cancel your study permit since you were no longer a student. What college did you apply to? If one of the suspended colleges then your application will not be processed. You need a CAQ to attend university or college in Quebec, and your study permit probably is no longer valid.
Was in Camosun college and now applied to Canada College, thanks for the reply tho , how do I check my study permit validation?

Esmond1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
I went to Victoria Canada in September 2020 and came back due to mental health deterioration caused due to 14 day quarantine and not understanding online studies as it was new for me . Filed my refund on Oct 9 from college and later came back ( my permit expires in 2022 ) . So i decided to go back , this time in same college in Montreal which my friend is enrolled. I applied for my CAQ on November 9 and its been over 50 days I haven't received it . The government suspended CAQ's. Now ill lose my Jan 21 intake . I wanted to know if i will face any problems if ill re enter in May intake, Will my same study permit work?
Same thing happen to me,similar to my situation I changed my program and school from regina sask to montreal quebec cdi college is one of the suspended school in montreal and the suspension will last for 3 months my caq has been on process for almost 2 and half month now
My advice for you is to change your intake to spring

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Was in Camosun college and now applied to Canada College, thanks for the reply tho , how do I check my study permit validation?
You can’t check but under current law, the college should have informed immigration of your withdrawal so apply for a new study permit.

Akchauhan

Jan 2, 2021
Same thing happen to me,similar to my situation I changed my program and school from regina sask to montreal quebec cdi college is one of the suspended school in montreal and the suspension will last for 3 months my caq has been on process for almost 2 and half month now
My advice for you is to change your intake to spring
Thanks for your answer