+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I use COPR to claim 15 points?

Sep 17, 2022
Hello,

I have applied For PR in Express Entry and my sister is living in Canada at this time. She went there on the basis of PR.

My question is that she has got only COPR document but have not got her PR card yet.

Can I claim the points of sibling on the basis of COPR?

And If I receive the ITA in future but my sister does not get her PR card then will it create any issue regarding my application?

D

Deleted member 1083629

Hello,

I have applied For PR in Express Entry and my sister is living in Canada at this time. She went there on the basis of PR.

My question is that she has got only COPR document but have not got her PR card yet.

Can I claim the points of sibling on the basis of COPR?

And If I receive the ITA in future but my sister does not get her PR card then will it create any issue regarding my application?
As per regulations (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html) it needs to be a PR card. If you want to play on the edge, you can claim 15 points and hope that your sister receives her PR card before you submit the application. I would not do it because there are circumstances that do not depend on you or your sister (Canada post losing a mail or not putting in the correct mailbox, IRCC just taking long time to print and send PR card).

Sep 17, 2022
As per regulations (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html) it needs to be a PR card. If you want to play on the edge, you can claim 15 points and hope that your sister receives her PR card before you submit the application. I would not do it because there are circumstances that do not depend on you or your sister (Canada post losing a mail or not putting in the correct mailbox, IRCC just taking long time to print and send PR card).
Can I use Signed COPR ?

mitiriki

May 26, 2019
you sister is already landed and has the PR status, so there is nothing wrong to cliam the point for it. even if you get the ITA and at the time of submission of your file, she still does not have the card you can use her COPR + other required documents. just in letter of explnation explain it why you attach COPR instead of pr card

D

Deleted member 1083629

you sister is already landed and has the PR status, so there is nothing wrong to cliam the point for it. even if you get the ITA and at the time of submission of your file, she still does not have the card you can use her COPR + other required documents. just in letter of explnation explain it why you attach COPR instead of pr card
Replies like this is why I am happy I went to Canadian immigration lawyer. He saved me a lot of hustle and potential issues.

Just so you know; including anything OTHER than what is required by Canadian immigration law might result in the rejection. You LoE is fairly useless as there is no PR card included; whether or not, IRCC will issue ADR, accept the COPR or reject the application at R10 stage is up to the officer. Isn't it better to wait for 1-2 months and then include the actual PR card?

Reactions: Taran D