Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-01-2018
Greetings Everyone,

I haven't received ITA yet and I am recreating my profile since the profile date can't be older than the date my brother became a PR in order to claim points, also the following could boost my score from 435 to 450.

Is it acceptable to show my brother's COPR as proof that he is a permanent resident, even though his PR card has not arrived yet?

When clicking the help button on my profile, where it asks about relatives it shows the following:

"A permanent resident is someone who has been given permanent resident status by immigrating to Canada, but is not a Canadian citizen. Permanent residents are citizens of other countries.

You must provide supporting documents to prove:

your relationship to your brother or sister

your brother or sister's status in Canada (permanent resident or citizen)
that your brother or sister lives in Canada
Examples of supporting documents:

birth certificates (must contain the names of the parents)
marriage certificates
any other documents that prove or describe the relationship between you and your brother or sister

a copy of your brother or sister's Canadian Citizenship or Canadian immigration status document
a copy of your brother or sister's bank statement or utility bill showing their address in Canada"

What do you guys think? Has anyone claimed points using the COPR?

Thanks in advance.

javier.abraham

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-01-2018
Yes, a signed CoPR will suffice as a proof of your brother's status in Canada. Good Luck!

Thank you very much for your response. By Signed, you mean by the Canadian government?

I ask because i have not seen his CoPR, so I am not sure if it's signed or not? He already did his landing, is this were it gets signed?

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Thank you very much for your response. By Signed, you mean by the Canadian government?

I ask because i have not seen his CoPR, so I am not sure if it's signed or not? He already did his landing, is this were it gets signed?
By 'signed' I mean that he has done the landing (and got the CoPR signed) already and became a PR.

Reactions: javier.abraham

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Abraham,

Why did you say like this?
"I am recreating my profile since the profile date can't be older than the date my brother became a PR in order to claim points, also the following could boost my score from 435 to 450"

I don't think to claims additional Sibling points we need to recreate our EE profile...

javier.abraham

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-01-2018
Hi Abraham,

Why did you say like this?
"I am recreating my profile since the profile date can't be older than the date my brother became a PR in order to claim points, also the following could boost my score from 435 to 450"

I don't think to claims additional Sibling points we need to recreate our EE profile...
In fact, we do need to recreate it, you can find the below text on your profile when you click the help button on the relatives section:

"You can be awarded points if you or your spouse or common-law partner (if they will come with you to Canada) has:

a brother or sister who is (on both the date you submit your profile and when you submit your application for permanent residence)

• 18 years of age or older
  • a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
  • living in Canada"
If you created your profile prior to your sibling becoming a PR, then you need to do this, which I am guessing is your case as well, since your brother just did his landing today.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
In fact, we do need to recreate it, you can find the below text on your profile when you click the help button on the relatives section:

"You can be awarded points if you or your spouse or common-law partner (if they will come with you to Canada) has:

a brother or sister who is (on both the date you submit your profile and when you submit your application for permanent residence)

• living in Canada"
If you created your profile prior to your sibling becoming a PR, then you need to do this, which I am guessing is your case as well, since your brother just did his landing today.
i think what they mean by when you submit your application is after you file your EE profile. i'm not sure just creating a profile counts as a submission

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
come to think about it you may have a point as it doesn't make sense to claim points for a sibling after you already get an ITA. don't you hate it when wording can be confusing :)

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
I know now what does it mean...

• living in Canada"

It means that whenever you're going to claims point for sibling after profile already created or creating new profile - Sibling must be Permanent Residence of Canada. In addition, It is more clear that even though your sibling has received COPR but haven't done landing, you cannot claims points...

Creating a new profile has nothing to do with claims sibling points...

javier.abraham

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-01-2018
I know now what does it mean...

• living in Canada"

It means that whenever you're going to claims point for sibling after profile already created or creating new profile - Sibling must be Permanent Residence of Canada. In addition, It is more clear that even though your sibling has received COPR but haven't done landing, you cannot claims points...

Creating a new profile has nothing to do with claims sibling points...
Well I re-created the profile and added sibling :p