+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I use B1 - business-visitor for tourism in Canada

penguin_2013

Dec 26, 2017
Hello all,

I recently got a B1 business-visitor visa applied through my company which is valid for 5 years, as I needed to travel to Montreal for a month of work on-site.

There is a lot of confusion and very less information, whether I can use this business-visitor visa to travel to Canada as a tourist next time.

Does anyone have any information on this.

Would appreciate it a lot, thank you! :)

Reactions: Medhini

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I have never heard of a B1 visa for Canada, do you mean a WX-1?

You will be allowed to board a plane with that visa, the CBSA allowing you entry is entirely up to them.

Medhini

Jun 14, 2019
Hello all,

I recently got a B1 business-visitor visa applied through my company which is valid for 5 years, as I needed to travel to Montreal for a month of work on-site.

There is a lot of confusion and very less information, whether I can use this business-visitor visa to travel to Canada as a tourist next time.

Does anyone have any information on this.

Would appreciate it a lot, thank you! :)

Hi, I am in the same situation. Were you able to use your B-1 visa for a tourist visit?

penguin_2013

Dec 26, 2017
Hey
After my research I have found that it comes under temporary resident visa and there shouldn't be issues. Just mention to them reason of travel when asked and return date. We will be traveling in couple days and then I can let you know if it worked. :)

penguin_2013

Dec 26, 2017
Hey Medhini that's great news:)
Could you please tell a little bit about your situation and what happened at Port of entry, I will be traveling in couple of days too:)

cairaespinola

Mar 21, 2019
Could you please tell a little bit about your situation and what happened at Port of entry, I will be traveling in couple of days too:)
Hi I am having the same issue, i would like to Visit canada this december as tourist but i only have B1 - Business Visitor Canada and I am from Philippines, would it be fine using my visa as tourist or in Business purpose only?

Thank you for ur help guys!

cairaespinola

Mar 21, 2019
Hi I am having the same issue, i would like to Visit canada this december as tourist but i only have B1 - Business Visitor Canada and I am from Philippines, would it be fine using my visa as tourist or in Business purpose only?

penguin_2013

Dec 26, 2017

Hello, it comes under temporary resident visa and you can use it to visit Canada as a tourist as well. No issues. I was able to enter with the same recently. Good luck!

cairaespinola

Mar 21, 2019
Hello, it comes under temporary resident visa and you can use it to visit Canada as a tourist as well. No issues. I was able to enter with the same recently. Good luck!
Hello again Penguin_2013 thank you for replying! :)
Anyway, are you from Philippines also? may I know what are the question of Immigration officer? did you just visit a friend/relatives or you have a tour package?

penguin_2013

Dec 26, 2017
Hello again Penguin_2013 thank you for replying! :)
Anyway, are you from Philippines also? may I know what are the question of Immigration officer? did you just visit a friend/relatives or you have a tour package?
Hello,
No im not from Philippines. He asked for reason of travel. I was just visiting a friend

Reactions: cairaespinola

anusha19

Jul 16, 2019
Hi Everyone
I am in same situation, I have B1 type Visitor-Business visa and i have never travelled to canada before. Now i am thinking to visit my brother who is a perminant resident in canada. Will i have any issues?

Reactions: cairaespinola