+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I use Associate's+Bachelor's for maximum CRS points?

omiks55

Dec 14, 2017
I'm debating whether or not to (or even if it matters) include my associate's degree credentials in with my bachelor's for ECA. The reason i'm debating is because I'd like to receive the ECA report ASAP and apparently more credentials increases the time the assessment takes. There's a section of the CRS calculator/system that asks for highest level of education and states as an option;

Two or more certificates, degrees or diplomas. One must be for a program of three or more years.

My question is whether or not this category includes a bachelor's+associates considering the bachelor's is at least 3 years and the associate's is a certificate/degree/diploma?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I'm debating whether or not to (or even if it matters) include my associate's degree credentials in with my bachelor's for ECA. The reason i'm debating is because I'd like to receive the ECA report ASAP and apparently more credentials increases the time the assessment takes. There's a section of the CRS calculator/system that asks for highest level of education and states as an option;

Two or more certificates, degrees or diplomas. One must be for a program of three or more years.

My question is whether or not this category includes a bachelor's+associates considering the bachelor's is at least 3 years and the associate's is a certificate/degree/diploma?
more credentials do NOT increase assessment. if you're using wes it's a maximum of 20 working days (i had two diplomas assessed) in your case yes a bachelor + an associate degree should count for two or more degrees BUT this is in case both the institution and the diploma are recognized.

omiks55

Dec 14, 2017
more credentials do NOT increase assessment. if you're using wes it's a maximum of 20 working days (i had two diplomas assessed) in your case yes a bachelor + an associate degree should count for two or more degrees BUT this is in case both the institution and the diploma are recognized.
So you're saying that adding multiple degrees/diplomas does not increase the processing time of the ECA? I'm only asking again because I'm almost sure I saw that somewhere. Also I'm still debating between WES and IQAS, I've heard good and bad things about both, especially regarding processing time. However 20 days processing time for WES seems ridiculously good considering I've seen multiple accounts of WES taking several months for some people.

Thanks btw

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
So you're saying that adding multiple degrees/diplomas does not increase the processing time of the ECA? I'm only asking again because I'm almost sure I saw that somewhere. Also I'm still debating between WES and IQAS, I've heard good and bad things about both, especially regarding processing time. However 20 days processing time for WES seems ridiculously good considering I've seen multiple accounts of WES taking several months for some people.

Thanks btw
it's 20 working days on average starting AFTER they receive all the documents. My bad experience with wes was because they received the envelope containing my transcript but didn't mark it as received so my application never started. but after that it was done in less than a month, for my spouse it was 5 working days.

omiks55

Dec 14, 2017
Ok thanks for that insight. More to my original question though, does an Associate's+Bachelor's combination qualify for the category of;

I'm asking specifically because this is the difference between 416 points on the calculator with just a bachelor's and 449 points with the two degrees category. I don't think 416 is enough to be considered for invitation so you can see my need for those extra points.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok thanks for that insight. More to my original question though, does an Associate's+Bachelor's combination qualify for the category of;

I'm asking specifically because this is the difference between 416 points on the calculator with just a bachelor's and 449 points with the two degrees category. I don't think 416 is enough to be considered for invitation so you can see my need for those extra points.
Depends on the WES assessment.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017

i already replied earlier, yes provided they're recognized
in your case yes a bachelor + an associate degree should count for two or more degrees BUT this is in case both the institution and the diploma are recognized.