+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I use an arranged marriage for a spousal sponsorship?

kit91

Sep 27, 2022
I'm a convert to conservative sunni islam, the largest branch of Islam making up 85% of Muslims. Traditionally marriages are arranged. There is a process of match making that involves both partners meeting and deciding weather or not they are compatible with the help of the parents other family and possibly the Imam that marries them. An arranged marriage is different from a forced marriage in that it requires both parties to be willing participants in the arrangement meaning the women also wishes to marry in this manner and is not being pushed on someone she doesn't want. She can say no to anyone arranged for her until she is happy with the suitor. will Canada accept this for immigration? I want a family to love and support I'm looking for someone who will give me children quickly If not immediately.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm a convert to conservative sunni islam, the largest branch of Islam making up 85% of Muslims. Traditionally marriages are arranged. There is a process of match making that involves both partners meeting and deciding weather or not they are compatible with the help of the parents other family and possibly the Imam that marries them. An arranged marriage is different from a forced marriage in that it requires both parties to be willing participants in the arrangement meaning the women also wishes to marry in this manner and is not being pushed on someone she doesn't want. She can say no to anyone arranged for her until she is happy with the suitor. will Canada accept this for immigration? I want a family to love and support I'm looking for someone who will give me children quickly If not immediately.
Yes, arranged marriages are accepted. For IRCC to approve the application, you will want to make sure that your marriage follows the norms of an arranged marriage for that culture / religion. This usually involves some special ceremonies and often a large wedding.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would also recommend that you not get married on your first in person visit. Would suggest meeting with both families, texting, etc. initially, having an engagement if that is typical and then getting married. You may want to get married and have children quickly but if you find a spouse in Canada and go through the sponsorship process you need to consider the fact that Canada can be very expensive which is why typically both parents need to work. Being able to afford to provide for a family takes times should be a priority before having children. There are better social supports in Canada than in the US but unfortunately children make up a large part of the the food insecure population in Canada, some families can’t afford diapers, there isn’t a lot of Halal food banks, etc. You seem to have an idealistic view of Canada. We have less mass shootings but there are still issues and struggles in Canada and you still have to find a way to move to Canada. If you are a conservative Muslim couple typically the couple moves close to the husband’s family (or even live with them) not with the wife’s family which would mean your wife would move to the US. Lots of things to consider not to mention you will need to find a future spouse who is Canadian. Wanting to live in Canada would have to be something you bring up during matching. All of this will take time.
Based on other posts it seems like you want to move to Canada asap.

Reactions: kit91