+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I use a permanent resident visa to travle to Canada on a business trip?

microday

Aug 5, 2012
Hi all,

My wife,my baby and I have got the permanent resident visa which will expire on May 2013. We plan to landing Toronto on April 2013 by the time my baby are a year old. But before this I may need a business trip to Canada, so my doubt is that : Do I need a business visa or I can use my permanent resident visa travel to Canada? Are there any influence with my PR visa in this case?

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can use your PR visa to enter Canada on business. The only implication is that you will have a hard time arranging your PR card if you are not staying for long so you have a couple of options with that.

1. You could give the address of friends or relatives to mail your PR card to and they can mail it to you in your homeland when it arrives.
2. You can tell immigration that you do not have an address yet and after you enter Canada, arrange and address with UPS with mail forwarding to your homeland, then give immigration this address and get your PR card that way.
3. You can tell immigration you don't have an address and to hold your PR card. In order to return to Canada again after you have used the PR visa but without a PR card, you would need to apply for a PR travel document at the Canadian embassy. Once you are in Canada with your family, you would have to arrange for your PR card. If you were back in Canada less than 6 months after you landed, all you would have to do is give your address and your PR card would be mailed. If it is more than 6 months, you would have to fill out a PR card application, get new photos, pay $50 and mail it in.

microday

Aug 5, 2012
Leon said:
You can use your PR visa to enter Canada on business. The only implication is that you will have a hard time arranging your PR card if you are not staying for long so you have a couple of options with that.

1. You could give the address of friends or relatives to mail your PR card to and they can mail it to you in your homeland when it arrives.
2. You can tell immigration that you do not have an address yet and after you enter Canada, arrange and address with UPS with mail forwarding to your homeland, then give immigration this address and get your PR card that way.
3. You can tell immigration you don't have an address and to hold your PR card. In order to return to Canada again after you have used the PR visa but without a PR card, you would need to apply for a PR travel document at the Canadian embassy. Once you are in Canada with your family, you would have to arrange for your PR card. If you were back in Canada less than 6 months after you landed, all you would have to do is give your address and your PR card would be mailed. If it is more than 6 months, you would have to fill out a PR card application, get new photos, pay $50 and mail it in.
Thanks Leon.

Well, could I landing Canada by myself in this case. Because my son is so young and I won't let him and my wife landing Canada before April 2013. Is there any problem that I travel to Canada using PR visa alone?

microday

Aug 5, 2012
microday said:
Thanks Leon.

Well, could I landing Canada by myself in this case. Because my son is so young and I won't let him and my wife landing Canada before April 2013. Is there any problem that I travel to Canada using PR visa alone?

And I exactly konw that I can land Canada using my PR visa on business so long as I can provide related envidence.

And now I have a simple question is : Can I land Canada first this year, and my wife with my son land Canada next year?

Thank you very much for your help.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
microday said:
And I exactly konw that I can land Canada using my PR visa on business so long as I can provide related envidence.

And now I have a simple question is : Can I land Canada first this year, and my wife with my son land Canada next year?

Thank you very much for your help.
If you are the principal applicant, you can land first. They can land any time before their visas expire.