+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I use a IELTS result that I had not used for PR?

RenanFromBrazil

Jan 18, 2021
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
06-12-2020
I applied for PR in 2020 and got it in 2021. My proof of English for that was a CELPIP test.

I never saved the certificate for that test, and it's been over 2 years so now CELPIP refuses to give me a new copy.

Now I need to show some certificate for citizenship. It just so happens that I had an EE application in 2017 for which I did provide a IELTS result with a good score. I still have this IELTS certificate.

Can I use the 2017 IELTS certificate for my citizenship application now, even though it is not the language proof that did get used in my ITA?

The government site is not clear about that. I did use that 2017 result to apply for EE, but it's not clear if it counts as being used to apply for immigration since I did not get an ITA out of that.

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
I applied for PR in 2020 and got it in 2021. My proof of English for that was a CELPIP test.

I never saved the certificate for that test, and it's been over 2 years so now CELPIP refuses to give me a new copy.

Now I need to show some certificate for citizenship. It just so happens that I had an EE application in 2017 for which I did provide a IELTS result with a good score. I still have this IELTS certificate.

Can I use the 2017 IELTS certificate for my citizenship application now, even though it is not the language proof that did get used in my ITA?

The government site is not clear about that. I did use that 2017 result to apply for EE, but it's not clear if it counts as being used to apply for immigration since I did not get an ITA out of that.
Yes, you can send expired copy of IELTS, as long as it is general test not academic. The site is pretty clear on that information piece. Please read carefully the official website it will help you to apply for citizenship. Good luck on your journey