+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I use a friend's address to receive the PR card?

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my PR visa in my passport and now I can immigrate to Canada. The problem is that, I can't move to Canada right now.

I want to get the PR card, but their website says that I need to give my address in Canada to the immigration officer that will process my papers on the border when I first arrive.

I don't have any permanent address in Canada and I can't move there permanently now, I can only visit for a few weeks. However, I do have a friend in Canada who I trust.

My question is simple:

Can I give my friend's address to the immigration officer on the border so that they send the PR card to him? would they accept that?

If no, then what are my options?

Thank you in advance

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
amamh said:
I got my PR visa in my passport and now I can immigrate to Canada. The problem is that, I can't move to Canada right now.

I want to get the PR card, but their website says that I need to give my address in Canada to the immigration officer that will process my papers on the border when I first arrive.

I don't have any permanent address in Canada and I can't move there permanently now, I can only visit for a few weeks. However, I do have a friend in Canada who I trust.

My question is simple:

Can I give my friend's address to the immigration officer on the border so that they send the PR card to him? would they accept that?

If no, then what are my options?

Thank you in advance
Yes, you can if you have someone reliable.

245east84

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-04-2017
Yes you can as long as your friend is reliable and they use a reliable courier service to send you the PR card. I read that if the PR card gets lost in the mail, it will be very hard to replace it.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Hi, not my thread but have a relevant question.
I'm a Saskatchewan PNP nominee. The reliable friends I have are in MB, ON & NS.
Can I give their address without any problems? Considering I will have to show intent of settling in SK.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
One_Topsy said:
Hi, not my thread but have a relevant question.
I'm a Saskatchewan PNP nominee. The reliable friends I have are in MB, ON & NS.
Can I give their address without any problems? Considering I will have to show intent of settling in SK.
I guess it's OK if your reason is valid, like you'll be checking into a hotel in SK when you arrive, and then will look for a more permanent address and job once you're on the ground.

markarbet

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
Definitely, you can provide the officer with your friend's address. CIC will send your PR to this address. They don't really care who's address you provide. However, the officer could ask you about your relationship to make sure you will get your PR on time without any problems.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks everyone for your replies! I'll do that and hopefully the officer will not have a problem as you said, I don't have a choice anyway.

Now that I've been through the whole process since August 2015 (as you can see in my signature), if anyone have questions who is from a similar background to me (living in the UK non-citizen) let me know. I have already explained my interview process, check my post history and the timeline in my signature.

Jeenet

Aug 25, 2016
Hello amamh,

I am in a similar situation like you. I also wanted to make first entry to canada, stay there for 2weeks, apply for PR Card and come back to my country. And will be finally moving to canada after 1year.

In that case can I use my friends address for the PR Card? I can collect the card later on from my frens or they can send me via postal service.

Did that work in your case or you encounter any problems doing that?

Thanks

Jun 5, 2017
Hello amamh,

I am in a similar situation like you. I also wanted to make first entry to canada, stay there for 2weeks, apply for PR Card and come back to my country. And will be finally moving to canada after 1year.

In that case can I use my friends address for the PR Card? I can collect the card later on from my frens or they can send me via postal service.

Did that work in your case or you encounter any problems doing that?

Thanks
I am in the same boat..Did you do that? I cant move to canada right a way and it will take year and half to settle. I will enter canada for 2 weeks and will give my friend address to mail the PR Cards. Can I get PR card from my friend outside of canada and travel back with that card?