+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I travel to the US and return to Canada before responding to the confirmation email for CEC Inland PR

Dec 2, 2022
Hello Guys!

I got my approval email today. Now, I have a scenario here for which I am confused. I am going to the US on 7th April and will be coming back on 10th April.

Will I be able to enter Canada on this current status or do I have to take any additional steps while entering Canada from the US.

All your inputs will be highly appreciated!

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
Approval email or eCOPR? Approval/RFP email is not your PR hence if you will need your existing Visa or ETA to enter Canada.

Dec 2, 2022
Thanks @vkamath for the quick response. I got the approval email today. But, I am hoping that I will receive COPR by the time I travel to US.
Hence, can I respond to this confirmation email just prior to the date when I leave for the US?
Or is there any deadline to respond to this confirmation email?

Jax fan

Dec 29, 2022
Thanks @vkamath for the quick response. I got the approval email today. But, I am hoping that I will receive COPR by the time I travel to US.
Hence, can I respond to this confirmation email just prior to the date when I leave for the US?
Or is there any deadline to respond to this confirmation email?
Hello Guys!

I got my approval email today. Now, I have a scenario here for which I am confused. I am going to the US on 7th April and will be coming back on 10th April.

Will I be able to enter Canada on this current status or do I have to take any additional steps while entering Canada from the US.

All your inputs will be highly appreciated!
You can travel US and return back to Canada on current temporary resident status until you get eCOPR.
I was in similar situation I called IRCC and agent mentioned there is no timeline to respond to portal mail and you can respond after go on vacation/urgent trip as well that you are outside Canada and would return by this date.
Also, in case you have responded to mail the IRCC officer would respond please reply back once you come back to Canada if he/she reads your mail completely as they would require your latest entry to Canada. I was able to travel on vacation and when I returned to Canada I replied to IRCC accordingly.

Hope this helps!

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Just tell them about your planned trip and they'll issue your eCoPR after you come back. Don't say bs like "I hope I'll get eCoPR" - they don't work on your hope, they give it to you based on a complex and disorderly queuing system. But be my guest if you want to scheme it, say nothing, get eCoPR while you're overseas and then get screwed because you then need to apply for a PRTD to return because you won't have a card. (If you're coming by land then no issue).

Dec 2, 2022
You can travel US and return back to Canada on current temporary resident status until you get eCOPR.
I was in similar situation I called IRCC and agent mentioned there is no timeline to respond to portal mail and you can respond after go on vacation/urgent trip as well that you are outside Canada and would return by this date.
Also, in case you have responded to mail the IRCC officer would respond please reply back once you come back to Canada if he/she reads your mail completely as they would require your latest entry to Canada. I was able to travel on vacation and when I returned to Canada I replied to IRCC accordingly.

Hope this helps!
Thank you so much!
It really helps.

Dec 2, 2022
Just tell them about your planned trip and they'll issue your eCoPR after you come back. Don't say bs like "I hope I'll get eCoPR" - they don't work on your hope, they give it to you based on a complex and disorderly queuing system. But be my guest if you want to scheme it, say nothing, get eCoPR while you're overseas and then get screwed because you then need to apply for a PRTD to return because you won't have a card. (If you're coming by land then no issue).
Thank you for your response.
I will keep this in mind and will let them know about my travel plans.