+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I travel to Maldives on Canadian Refugee Travel Document (RTD)?

uhanif

Mar 25, 2019
Hello guys, I am a protected person in Canada and am thinking of travelling to Maldives on RTD. I don’t have my PR yet but would like to go see my wife there. I would really appreciate if someone can confirm me if I can travel there on RTD. Thank you very much.

Hi123fmfncjr

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
don't know if they need visa for RTD nowadays, but I have been there before and i needed a visa, it was 75$ at the airport, comes in form of stamp in passport, good for 30 days, simple and short process, nice and friendly, they want tourists

Reactions: uhanif

Hi123fmfncjr

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
To enter Maldives no pre-arrival visa is required.
A thirty day free visa is issued on arrival for all Nationalities; provided:

• Should posses a valid passport with Machine Readable Zone (MRZ) -(standard ICAO Annex 9, chapter 3.10.1) and should have at least 6 months validity
  • Have a valid ticket to continue the journey out of Maldives
  • Have enough funds to cover the expenses for duration of the stay in Maldives. (US$100 + $50 dollars per day) or a confirmation of reservation in a Tourist Resort or a Hotel

------ so it's free now!, best to transit through phillipines or australia

uhanif

Mar 25, 2019
don't know if they need visa for RTD nowadays, but I have been there before and i needed a visa, it was 75$ at the airport, comes in form of stamp in passport, good for 30 days, simple and short process, nice and friendly, they want tourists
Hey thank you for your answer. Did you travel there on a Refugee Travel Document?