+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can I travel to India with expired temporary resident visa and valid Indian passport for urgent issue.

Nov 12, 2019
Hello Everyone,

My temporary resident visa is expired I need to travel to India soon from Toronto airport , Canada for urgent basis . My concern is that can I travel to India with expired temporary resident visa and valid Indian passport . Will it be any problem in Toronto airport ? Could you please help me on that . I am looking forwards to your response.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,

My temporary resident visa is expired I need to travel to India soon from Toronto airport , Canada for urgent basis . My concern is that can I travel to India with expired temporary resident visa and valid Indian passport . Will it be any problem in Toronto airport ? Could you please help me on that . I am looking forwards to your response.
Yes, you can do that. You don't need to have a valid TRV to leave Canada.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for reply me back , Did they check work permit in Airport while traveling to India?
Canada has basically no passport exit controls at all - the only documents you need to worry about are those allowing you to board the plane and land in India.

Obviously not saying anything about how you will re-enter Canada (if you plan to).

Manoj4k

Mar 12, 2024
Hello Everyone,

Bro did you travel to India when you don’t have a valid trv?

right now I am in same situation please let me know what is the process and which route did you travel

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Bro did you travel to India when you don’t have a valid trv?

right now I am in same situation please let me know what is the process and which route did you travel
If you have valid Indian passport , you don’t need anything to return to india . Just passport and airline ticket is enough however you can’t come back without a valid TRV.