+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I travel to Canada (Ontario) to confirm my Permanent Residence status, if my COPR was issued in September 2020?

littleturtle

Dec 2, 2017
Hello Guys,
I would like to know whether I can travel to Canada if I recieved a Confirmation of Permanent Residence Letter and I got PR Visa to travel to Canada. That is, approval was granted in the month of September 2020. If not, what do I need to do?

According to this site: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR and:

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020 OR
  • the COPR was issued after March 18th, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time) OR
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)
Does this mean I can't travel presently?

Thanks

maba

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Hello Guys,
I would like to know whether I can travel to Canada if I recieved a Confirmation of Permanent Residence Letter and I got PR Visa to travel to Canada. That is, approval was granted in the month of September 2020. If not, what do I need to do?

According to this site: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

Thanks
Approved permanent resident applicants with expired or expiring documents
If you’re outside Canada
If we already approved your permanent resident application, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, or your documents have already expired, don’t contact us until you’re ready to travel to Canada.

When you’re ready to travel to Canada
Use the Web form to let us know when, and the reason(s) why. The next steps will depend on your situation.

You can come to Canada and become a permanent resident now if you plan to stay and settle here. If you’re planning on coming temporarily and leaving again, you can’t do that right now unless you meet a different travel exemption. Also:

• when you arrive, you must have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including how you will get to the place you’re staying
  • all family members included in the application should travel to Canada at the same time, if possible
  • you should have a confirmed travel plan, or you must be willing to book and confirm travel plans as soon as approved

Reactions: littleturtle

littleturtle

Dec 2, 2017
Approved permanent resident applicants with expired or expiring documents
If you’re outside Canada
If we already approved your permanent resident application, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, or your documents have already expired, don’t contact us until you’re ready to travel to Canada.

When you’re ready to travel to Canada
Use the Web form to let us know when, and the reason(s) why. The next steps will depend on your situation.

You can come to Canada and become a permanent resident now if you plan to stay and settle here. If you’re planning on coming temporarily and leaving again, you can’t do that right now unless you meet a different travel exemption. Also:

• when you arrive, you must have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including how you will get to the place you’re staying
  • all family members included in the application should travel to Canada at the same time, if possible
  • you should have a confirmed travel plan, or you must be willing to book and confirm travel plans as soon as approved
Thanks, what is the likelihood that they will allow travel?

Richa kohli

Aug 7, 2019
So people who received copr after march 18 can also raise a webform n travel?
Or is it compulsory that they belong to any of these 2 groups - students or compassionate travel?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

littleturtle

Dec 2, 2017
Guys, I'm updating you..I've contacted IRCC in September and October but their response was that you need to meet the travel restriction exemption criteria. Even if you have a job letter, you have to meet the criteria. I do not meet the exemptions criteria. I have about a month remaining until my COPR and PRV Expire. I made contact with them in this month, and they've forwarded the message to the office that approved my application. They mentioned that they are making some "consideration" in the matter. Let's see what will happen with god's grace.

Dreambig2020

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Guys, I'm updating you..I've contacted IRCC in September and October but their response was that you need to meet the travel restriction exemption criteria. Even if you have a job letter, you have to meet the criteria. I do not meet the exemptions criteria. I have about a month remaining until my COPR and PRV Expire. I made contact with them in this month, and they've forwarded the message to the office that approved my application. They mentioned that they are making some "consideration" in the matter. Let's see what will happen with god's grace.
Even you fall under essential skill,

Asif77

Dec 9, 2018
Hello Guys,

Thanks
i have same situation, what you finalized, kinldly update and suggetst me.